Saturday, January 07, 2006

Who needs a man?

I have a cat. Actually, I have two. Both abandoned presents from ex-boyfriends. The littlest one, just over a year, I didn't even want. Turns out he was the one good thing that came out of dating the old guy.

You see, he is absolutely the dumbest thing on the planet (the cat, not the ex - wait, no the ex too)- but he's a good boy. This cat is such a man it's ridiculous - he doesn't even sleep with his legs closed and when it's warm he likes to put his "manly" parts right in front of the air conditioner to cool off.

As I spend time relaxing at home, I'm getting anxious to go. I wanted to listen to music and country is the only station playing music videos right now. So now I'm just sitting here getting depressed. At that very moment, my little boy cat happily runs and jumps on the bed, head butts me and purrs, then promptly lays on his back, legs wide open and sleeps. This makes me think - he's the only boy I've slept next to in a year and a half - and hey, he's the best damn boy that I've ever slept next too.

So on that note, who needs a man when I have this cat? LOL.

2 comments:

BZ said...

You have a man-cat and a purple friends. Really, what more do you need? hahahaha

DarthImmortal said...

I have no idea where this came from but it came to me after I read your last blog. This is for you:

You are on an endless search for love, but you always seem to search in the rain.
Then when you find love, it ends up only being lust filled with torment and pain.
Beckoning you.....
Taunting you...
Where is love?
Is it here?...
Is it there?...
Is there really such a thing?
It's probably just a cruel joke
To tease people and give them false hope.
But if there is such thing I hope you find it...
Cause till then...
Your heart is alone...