Friday, January 27, 2006

Ow - my aching knee

Last night was so relaxing. My sister has taken in a little baby (she's 10 months now) who's Mom died of cancer. It's pretty sad, she was diagnoised shortly after having the baby and spent the next several months in the hospital until she died about a month ago. The little girl has TERRIBLE seperation anxiety from being bounced back and forth so much, it's so sad. Around 8:00 she was a bit tired and I just sat there and rubbed her back until she fell sound asleep. My sister showed up about 15 minutes later to take her home - what I wouldn't have done for a couple more minutes of holding her, it was so comforting. I got my baby fix on for a little while - but not too long, as I still don't want them at this point (pretty much would need to find a guy to help out with that anyhow).

I woke up this morning with a throbbing knee, I must have slept on it funny. Decided to skip the gym and do some work from home instead to give it a break. Hopefully, I'll feel up to par so I can hit the gym tonight and at least work in a bit of cardio.

I didn't answer the phone all day at work since I was so busy, the light is blinking and killing me! At noon I had 6 messages - I'm sure I'm up to about 12 now and all of those maronic guys asking about batteries. They drive me nuts!

Should get back to work, those messages aren't going to answer themselves.

2 comments:

BZ said...

Hope you feel better!!

Anonymous said...

Voicemail sucks, I like to tape a little piece of cardboard over that f'ing light!!