Monday, January 30, 2006

A little piece of me that I keep forgetting



When I was 21 I got out of a bad relationship. I was a classics major and decided to add a piece of me that would remind me that I was born again and free and that no one could take that away from me, so I got a piece of artwork on my back - a beautiful phoenix.

I don't see it everyday as a reminder, so occassionally I take a picture of myself drenched just in a blanket and I place it on my bookshelf. I did it again this weekend, partly to see if you could tell how much weight I've gained/lost from a couple of years, partly to help me feel sexy and remind me not to loose my curves and partly to tell myself that I escaped one bad relationship and I'm a new person.

This also goes into the fact that I need to start hiding who I am. To tell you honestly, this tattoo belongs only to me and anyone who sees it will know instantly it's owner. It's a baby step in exposing who I really am and taking credit for my work.

3 comments:

DarthImmortal said...

I like the tattoo; thanks for sharing. Read my latest post it might hit home.

BZ said...

Thanks for sharing, girl! I like the image and I'm glad that you are rekindling one of your passions. We need to keep those up to maintain our sanity and independence. *huggs*

Anonymous said...

Dang, looking good! You must be crazy, you don't need to loose another pound! Great curves, every girl will be jealous and every man overcome with desire.