Sunday, January 01, 2006

The first of the month of yes ...

The hardest part about last night was the complications with #3. It's so hard to say no to a destructive relationship when you know it's right - but it isn't. I screwed that up with my impatient nature. So here started the first date of the month of yes.

A guy from Delafield - a pretty much cutie pie - asked me out. I said yes (teacher didn't respond earlier today) because, it is the month of yes. We met at my favorite stomping ground - turns out he's actually a decent guy. I didn't flirt, I behaved - even with two huge beers in me. My thoughts drifted to the night before, no matter how his stare penetrated my eyes. Then he told me, "You know, you were wrong - your best feature is your eyes." Something I always thought and always said the guy who said it would capture my heart - and there it was, something #3 has never said. I took a deep breath and let myself go.

We went to another favorite stomping ground - which the bartender commented on how good I look - that made him smile, like yes - that's my date. He told me that I had a kick ass body, which I felt last night with #3 but the words were never spoken. I felt sexy with him, but never heard the words and here they were.

He had one too many beers (buzzed driving is drunk driving kids) and I kissed him to see what was there. I was the aggressor and it was a decent kiss. He called me five minutes later to say the biggest turn on was that I kissed him in the rain. It made me feel wanted.

No destructive relationships. I made that promise, I need to let go - but it's so hard when you feel someone is s o right and is right there. Damn it!

The month of yes continues.

5 comments:

DarthImmortal said...

I'm happy that you had a good date; you deserve a good date.

Milwaukee Girl said...

That's very nice - thanks :) Like I said - the hardest thing is being there with someone and wishing it was someone else - but I will get over this.

dave said...

Hey, like the song says: 'If you can't be with the one you love... Love the one you're with.'

Milwaukee Girl said...

This is true - so that's what I'm trying to do!

BZ said...

OMG - I know this feeling!!! I don't know why we're programmed like this. I'll send you to a poem I wrote a long time ago about one destructive relationships (on a list of many) - kinda cheezy, but I was in college, what can I say. http://www.amgarcia.com/mg.html