Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Month of YES

Okay, I've got a couple weeks of match left - and as inspired by the delightful Glamour this past month - I have opted to do a month of yes. How does this work? Well let me explain.

A woman just wrote a book called "The Year of YES" - she dated everyone who asked her out, no matter who it was. Well, honestly, I pretty much do this with whoever I meet anyhow, but I've been not so into match since teh ex failed to email back - so .... I've decided that this month I will go out with everyone who asks - why? Because I've got terrible choices in men so this will open up my opportunities. So we will see how it will go and all will be reported here - of course.

So I'm trying my best to say no to the destructive behavior - but I couldn't help but joke with #3 that he owed me flowers but I'd let it slide - over text this morning. His response was he'd see what he could do - come on Milwaukee Girl - don't get your hopes up. No destructive relationship. No destructive relationship. No destructive relationship. The more I say it, the less I believe it.

3 comments:

DarthImmortal said...

You are very brave; I could never do this. I put too much value on looks and personality. If neither one is present then the date will be a yawner. I would rather sit home with my cats.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Trust me there will probably be a handful of yawning and, granted, a ton of cuddling with the cats - but how skin deep is looks and personality? I've opted to say no in the past when it came to looks, but then they have great personalities - and let's face the fiasco with #4, great looks but no personality. I think it takes three before you really know if it's a yes or a no in that type of person.

The author of "The Year of Yes" met her husband at the end of the year - a guy divorced with kids, previously she would have said no because that's viewed as baggage. Now she's happily married. Point in case taken - of course I don't expect to get a husband out of this, just some really great stories to post up here ...

BZ said...

No destructive relationship. No destructive relationship. No destructive relationship!! Keep saying it!! I will keep saying it, too. Thankfully, I'm in a good one now, but it took me forever to get there and I am constantly inundated with Mr. Big issues in my brain that are jeopardizing my mental state! No more destructive relationships!!!!!