Friday, January 06, 2006

Don't feel like working ...

Can you tell I don't feel like working? Thank goodness I brought my laptop to work so they can't trace back to me - just to cover basis I'm stealing the internet from the design firm upstairs.

Well I officially signed off and hide my profile on match - sending all the mr.potentials my "real" email. Even sent a "Last Chance" email to the ex. Told him that he looked good, I was high tailing it off of match because I thought it sucked and that I'd hoped we could see eachother. Told him I still hang at our old stomping ground, if he ever needs a drink and I'm there - I'll buy. Aren't I sweet?

Also (because I'm a bad girl! someone spank me! - wait, resolution) - text messaged #3 our little game we play and he bit on it. Not the type of biting I'd like, ie setting up another time we could see eachother but maybe he's not feeling so guilty about our misadventures and I can try this piercing thing out one last time (or multiple times - my excuse is we are friends, technically a "committed" relationship - no?). Actually, let's be honest - the truth is I haven't actually ho-ed around that much and if I'm going to put a notch in my lipstick case (go Pat Benatar!), it better be on more than one occassion - plus I'm a good kisser, I'm a good lay, I give great head - all three of which were terribly off that night and I don't need that reputation!

I don't know what was up the last few days, but I'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable in my old shoes again. My sense of worth is back a bit too which is nice. Something I forgot to post about new years, was that at one point he asked what I was thinking - and I told him honestly, damn my legs look good! As I was at the gym this morning I stood in my towel and thought the same thing for the first time since the "event." Just no tequila - that crap holds water like there's no tomorrow.

Side note: I'm a big fan of magazines, at one point, I will open up my own and fill it with "real" woman who write all my stories and not the "lose the flab - feel fab" bullshit I keep reading in the pubs these days. Well, I was browsing through Ad Age's supplement this month and they had a write up on one of the co-founders of a new pub called Tango. It's about relationships, I signed up to get it so I'll let you all know what I think.

Rambling, rambling, rambling. Must be the combination of the nicotine and caffine (I'm doing better smoking, I swear!)

4 comments:

DarthImmortal said...

Such drastic measures - deleting your profile. Nothing worthwile is easy and everything worthwhile takes time. :)

DarthImmortal said...

One more:

If it's too easy do you really want it? It's always about the thrill of the chase.

Milwaukee Girl said...

All true - but where's the sparks when you're telling someone over email all your quarks? There's some magic to the moment when you both find you like mexican food, when you find you enjoy walks - not so set up or unseen. I think the online thing is no chase at all; however, the bar scene isn't that much better. Guess beggers can't be choosers.

DarthImmortal said...

Well you could be right about that because I have no experience with on-line dating. But if I where to use it I would only use it as a way to meet people but not get to know them. That way all of those amazing discoveries would take place in person.