Monday, January 02, 2006

Oh - There's that ego.

I've been questioning why I bothered with match at all this past month - but I haven't acted on it at all. Now, I realize why.

Last night I enjoyed myself - but still had conflicting feelings, questioning why I was doing what I was doing when I knew I wanted to be with #3 - but here I am making out with a new guy wishing it was the other one. Then it all seems to make sense when I got out of the gym and got a voicemail. The guy from last night tells me I exceeded his expectations and he had a great time. It was instant gratification, no wondering like I do with #3 to see if his conscious kicked in or not. Am I over #3? No. Am I ready to move on? No. Should I wait? No. I've waited over two years and all I get is conflicting feelings - it's time to let him know that I'm done waiting.

So my ego is back - I am sexy, I am wanted by other people. Now I'm excited to move on.

1 comment:

BZ said...

*clapping* Hercules! Hercules! Good girl!! No more destructive relationship! No more destructive relationship!! You deserve someone who enhances your experience of loving yourself -- someone that brings out the best in you, not the worst!! I keep having to tell myself the same f*cking thing. Eventually, it will set in. Good for you!!!