Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My stomach just grew two inches

I weighed my options as such around noon today. I could go to the gym for 15 minutes (travel time+showertime=45min) or I could work through it and get to leave here around 5:15 to make it for my 6:05 tanning appointment and potentially work out for an additional hour. But then comes the wild card of do I have a date with Mr. D tonight? I don't think I do - but his teeth are getting pulled tomorrow and he agreed (on my way up to the UP) that he owed me a date.

In my nothingness this morning, I grabbed a stained shirt (I think I posted that? My head is all clouds today) and I really don't want to see him with a stained shirt, though low lighting would help conceal it. I'm tempted to make the move and call him today but he NEVER calls me and perhaps I shouldn't be so easy (not in the sex sense - I'm still keeping with those resolutions). That is the random rant of the hour.

Back to my options, so instead I ordered a wrap from the local deli and pigged out - all out and it wasn't even that good. I feel like my stomach is two inches larger right now and I'm getting tired from being so full, stupid, stupid girl.

Lately my mind has been drifting to my life long goal of owning my own pub. My friend from IA and I had started this idea a few months before she left and I occassionally write articles and keep them in my documents folder (some of which I posted back when I started this blog). Here's the concept: The pub is for REAL women and would showcase articles and fashion shoots with real people. A lot of this came to being when I was struggling with eating disorders (if you want to know all the horrific tales of what I did to my body over the last decade plus - it's my first entry on Fabulous at 25). I wished I could open up a pub and see real women looking beautiful and articles that pertained to me. Originally the concept was geared towards that akward not Seventeen but not Cosmo age range; however I now qualify in the market of Cosmo so I'd be a bit off. To continue ... it's always something I wanted to do and something I'm pretty sure I could be pretty good at, just never had the funds to start it off, but with my mind wandering back I'm starting to think that an online version might be easy to handle and start a readership base. Not sure, just one of those things I'm throwing out there.

It's already 2:00 here and time is flying by - though, now that I've looked, it might just creep by for the next three hours. I'm having some focus issues right now so I took a break, but if I'm going to make that tanning appointment I better hop back to it.

1 comment:

BZ said...

I swear, we must be in sync or something. I'm having focus issues, too. You know what the key is to getting funding for your pub? WRITING! Do some research on capitalists in your area. And draw up a proposal. You're in marketing, right? You know how to target the establishment. The funding is out there and you can make it happen. The difficulty lies within things like liquor licenses and inspection boards (where politics is HUGE and often corrupt). But, I think you can do it.