Saturday, January 07, 2006

High School Work Out

This is in an earlier post - but so you don't have to look back, I'll recap.

When I was 18 I was engaged to the guy I dated through out high school. Not the best material - made me feel like crap about my body and convinced me I would never find anyone to love me so I should stay with him. Now, outside persona, everyone loved him and agreed I would never do any better. I kicked our dual drug addiction at 18 after three years of smoking, snorting and injencting and went away to college clean with a friend who never knew about my habits.

My friend and I were extremely close, the three of us always hung out and she adored him. She met a nice guy in college, and they hooked up. Our three some became a four some and all was good. At the end of my freshman year, my boyfriend told me that I had to go to the local college - or lose him. Completely entagled in his web, I couldn't lose him and went to UW-Milwaukee.

He had horrible spending habits so I worked two jobs to help pay his debt and went to school fulltime. One of my jobs was right behind the apartment we shared. One day, burnt out and sick, I got sent home from work. I walked up the hill into our little two bedroom apartment and into our room to lay down. There he was butt naked with a girl from work, screwing her doggy style. He stopped only to get out of her, her to hide in MY comforter and behind MY pillows to tell me it wasn't what it looked like. I went back to work and was consoled by my friends to end the relationship.

I decided I couldn't be engaged any longer a month after the incident and returned the ring that I bought to him. I recounted the story to my high school friend and college buddy only to have her side with him. Five years of friendship down the toilet. We haven't spoke since.

So this morning I go to the gym and after three magazines and 45 on the bike, I go to start my normal weight routine. I walk past the bike on the end and there she sat. I don't know if she saw me, but my blood boiled. Here, at my gym? And then, on top of it, she looked great (but I didn't see a ring in my quick one over so that bit made me happy). So the whole time I watched what she did - I did 15 more on the bike, three more reps of 25 then she did on the weights, 5 lbs heavier than her load. She inspired me to look better than she did.

We exchanged no words, though I'm positive she saw me. Part of me wanted to rekindle our lost friendship, the other part kept quiet, secretly hoping she'd be there tomorrow to whip my ass in shape. The quiet part won and my butt hurts (literally).

So raise your glasses to high school style work outs and a new three month deadline to drop twenty and take racy photographs of myself in a little bikini over a rock! Cheers, cheers!

3 comments:

BZ said...

Words cannot express the admiration I have for where you've been and the road you've taken to where you are now. Congratulations, chica! I can't drop the 80 in 3 months, but it will be this year, that's for sure!! And I'm going to meet you on an island so we can have a photo shoot together!!

Milwaukee Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Milwaukee Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.