Monday, January 09, 2006

Not enough hours in the day ....

(Deep Breath). It's probably a good thing that there are not more than 24 hours in a day, because if there was - say, 36 - we'd all have no lives, but sometimes deadlines are a pain in the ass.

Besides being crazy busy and trying to get my pro-bono work done, not to mention my phone ringing like crazy and trying to decide if the gym is a good idea tonight and why I stopped drinking .... the day is going pretty well. I could use a nap. They should really treat adults like pre-schoolers and give us a 30 minute nap in the afternoon, oh wait - that's the lunch hour, something I haven't taken in around three months now.

On one hand, I may have a new job on the horizon, which would be good - but the new job with no benefits type of job. At least it'll give me resume power and I could actually get a bartending job at nights to help support myself. We'll see how that review, that I have yet to prepare for, goes on Wednesday morning.

My usual Monday nights include going to the gym then high tailing it to the stomping grounds with laptop in hand for a little post-work, work. Post-work, work is the pro-bono stuff I was rambling about earlier. I've invited Mr. Delafield (who I'll refer to as Mr. D from now on) out for a cocktail, but on second thought - do I really want him to know what a compulsive worker I am.

Two weeks ago, I enjoyed a chat with the fellow next to me at the bar. Our conversation included whether or not I was a Type A or Type B personality. I told him that three years ago I was a Type A-going-to-have-a-heart-attack by 25 Type A. These days, I thought I was a Type B, more relaxed and passive. He told me that the laptop after hours (especially since I started work at 7am and it was now 9pm) was a clear giveaway that I was still a Type A. Now, I realize he was right. Even though I'm past 25 and have not had a heart attack, I wouldn't be surprised if it hit with in the next five years.

I guess I should put the blog down and get back to work...

No comments: