Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Any tips on getting out of bed?

So here's how I can tell I'm really not happy ... two months ago I was an up-at-4am-working-out-girl, about one month ago I moved the alarm clock away from the bed so I had to move to turn it off and get up at 5:30 (still 2hr work out, not bad) - now I'm not getting up until 6:45, just in time to roll myself out of bed, grab work clothes and work out for a menial 20 minutes or so before hitting the shower to pretty myself up. Today, my shoes didn't match my outfit. MY SHOES. Not that I had two different kinds on, they were just the wrong brown and for god's sake, we are talking about SHOES. This is an area I just don't screw up!

Side Note: The thing about shoes is that no matter what amount of weight you put on, they always fit. If you have only $15 in your wallet you can go to Payless and find a pair of cheap shoes that make you happy for about two days, if you have $800 in your wallet, you can find a nice pair that will make you happy for a week (impure thoughts as I've never had $800 and don't own a pair of shoes over $50 - but I have enough to add up to that amount...)

So I need to know how I'm going to handle getting up in the morning, my work schedule has been hellauv hectic - so by the time I'm done after 12+ hours, my bed is looking nice instead of the weights at the gym. My mini-love life that I do have going on is somewhat suffering over the discontent of what to do (or not to do).

For instance, on Sunday Mr.D and I had a lovely conversation in which I twirked that I was his Monday night date, to which he responded, "Not anymore - 24 starts again tomorrow." (nothing like being replaced by a TV show - does Jack Bauer put out for you? ... wait, don't answer that ...) So he suggested we do something Tuesday, or in other words, tonight.

Normally I'd be done for it - but I just keep thinking that I haven't been to the gym enough lately and I'm feeling jiggly. How can I be a sexpot when I'm concerned with the way my pants hug my love handles? Actually, probably get naked and that solve it .... change of subject, sorry. Back to my point, I feel like I SHOULD go out because it might help me get over the hump of discontent but I feel more so that I HAVE TO go to the gym. What comes first, the feeling sexy or the being sexy? The feeling.

But on the opposite hand, tomorrow is bowling league (yes, I proudly wear my white-trash, I'm doing this for work t-shirt) in which he WON'T come (already invited) and Thursday night I pack for my weekend trip to Michigan for some skiing. So the opposite hand says, "This is your chance ..." while my rational mind is saying - hold your horses girl!

And the ski trip brings me to my next point, I miss #3 in all his Catholic choir boy glory. He hasn't called/wrote/text messaged. He's an avid participant in Michigan, and I secretly hope I met him on the slopes (and then in one of the lodges for a quick rendevous ...).

Then finally, I've been day dreaming about my hopeless ex these days - his light blue eyes pierce my dreams at night and occupy my indecent thoughts in the shower. What's a girl to do?

Work out the frustration at the gym or work it out on Mr. D?

A hopeless hour to decide ...

2 comments:

BZ said...

Nothing wrong with letting a man have his show. Lt has Smallville and I have Gilmore Girls/American Idol (thank GOD for Tivo). FEELING sexy is most important. However, feeling sexy without being sexy is probably more short-term than being sexy and then feeling it afterward. :-)

DarthImmortal said...

If somebody would rather watch a TV show, which is easily recorded, rather than hang out with me I would tell them to f$ck off!!

Then I would never talk to them again because that relationship has no where to go but down.

Sorry just my two cents.