Saturday, January 14, 2006

Birth Order

Some times I think I went into the wrong business. I'm very inate at reading people and I belive strongly in personlaity differences based on sex, birth order and past experiences. I also think that your "sign" both Chinese and Zodiac effects you. Sometimes I wish that I had been a therapist because I think I'm very good at relating to people and allowing them to share thier thoughts (though the opposite is not always true - hence the anonymous blog as my outlet).

Anyhow, woke up this morning as usual to go to the gym. The last couple of days I've scoped out the pubs at the health club and there's nothing that interesting - except the three month old smut pubs, but I've already read about the gossip in other places, so I stopped at the local Walgreens to pick up some new reading material (and lip gloss, just in case I go out tonight). Disappointed, they didn't have the new Cosmo so I went with the second hand cosmo that is still smutty, but a little more cluttered - Complete Woman.

To my surprise there is an article on birth order, I wish they went into a little more detail, but it was pretty interesting. If you're not familiar here's the basics...

As the first born (which I am not) you are better at leading and like to have responsibility. This person normally has an innate sense of entitlement. IN MY RESEARCH: I've also found that first borns like to bend the rules a bit and our best in relationships to last borns and are REALLY not compatible with only children. The like to feel in control and are used to being the center of attention, so they need to hold steadily in that place.

As the middle child (ding, ding, ding!) you are a peace-maker in your family, are not used to getting their way and enjoy team associated work. IN MY RESEARCH: and in being one myself, they are overachievers because they feel that they lacked approval growing up. They also are overly concerned with people liking them and will take responsibility for anyone not liking them.

As the younger child, they are usually a bit more rambuncious, self-centered and are good sales people. IN MY RESEARCH: I've also found that they will do anything to get the attention of anyone - they are complete spotlight hogs.

Just a little FYI.

3 comments:

BZ said...

That is funny. I'm the eldest of 3.

Me (cancer): nerd, "ugly duckling", definitely the nurturer/mother figure, don't like the spot light at all, conservative (in comparison to the other two because I grew up with all the rules that they didn't have to follow because single parents get too tired of trying to enforce the sh*t they started, lol).

Middle (virgo): social butterfly, loves attention, does take responsibility for when people don't like her, DRAMA QUEEN, boy crazy, financially astute and stable, will not give up until she gets her way.

Youngest (saggitarius): lazy mofo! just kidding. But, she does like other people to do stuff for her all the time. super charismatic and can't be tied down by one partner. SUPER financially savvy, party girl.

hmmmm :-) Looking fwd to reading the rest of your blog today.

DarthImmortal said...

That is interesting as I am first born and that description is good for me. I am also a Leo and that description fits me too. So thanks for sharing that article.

Milwaukee Girl said...

BZ: Middle is AWESOME! Totally me, minus the Virgo.

Darth: No problem! Love this stuff ...