Friday, June 15, 2007

Welcome back to being 100% single.

So #1 brought up a good point when I was woa-me-ing on Tuesday. He said that for the first time in 4 years I have a brand new opportunity to start all over. He mentioned that every person I kissed was not RS, every person that tried to hold my hand was not RS, every person that wanted to know me was not RS. And no matter how many times I'd look into his big brown puppy dog eyes, he knew that he wasn't RS either.

While #1 and I share everything as friends, it wasn't the same kind of sharing as with RS. When he wrote "out of my shell" he wasn't kidding. I still put up a kitten front with #1, even after 6 years. Finally, he said, I was released from comparing or from even sub-consciously comparing any person to the man I have been infatuated with forever.

That did get me to thinking about how many first kisses will be on the way in the next several months. And it got me reminiscing about the different types I've encountered:

The Teeth Knocker:
Oh my, really, you've probably only kissed like 3 girls before. It's that scathing first time your lips touch and when you go in for the real deal, he knocks your teeth to the point you think one might be loose. Granted, you get a second run - maybe you've never kissed someone my height or maybe you were drunk, I mean I've knocked teeth on accident before. But the consistant teeth knocker has got to go.

The Licker: Ew. This rates up with the worst kisser ever. About a year after "the incident" I saw the STC episode where Charlotte was dating one of these guys and it cracked me up. It's the guy that does the sweet kiss and as you pull away still has his tongue out - and you think to yourself, "maybe he does the little tease ..." and then before you know it he's licking your cheek and your nose and you suddenly feel like you've been attacked by a dog for lack of better explanation.

The Biter: I am one to say that I enjoy the lip pull - but have you had the biter? Geez, it was like I was with a vampire and I had a bloody lip afterwards that was swollen for about 3 days. By all means it's the sexiest technique gone awry. Keep your teeth off my lips please.

Practicing ENT Doctor: I'll take a biter over him, the guy that needs to inspect your tonsils with his tongue, like it has a little camera and he just wanted to make sure I didn't have strep. Again, sometimes used in conjunction with the sexy technique of the hands on your neck, but really used as a ploy to go alien on your ass and jet his tongue all the way back out your neck. Eh gad.

But then there's the good ones too ...

Neck Holder:
The extremely sexy move where one hand gently hold the back of your head, right under the hairline to tilt you in the right position (as not to knock teeth). Normally encompassed with eyes closed. An extra incentive, the hand moves down your jaw bone ... crap, could get wet just thinking about it.

The Lip Tug:
I often believe a man must be amazing in bed if he pulls this off. You kiss a couple times and then as you're easing up on the tongue action, his lips grab your bottom one. Usually followed by an low key "wow" for me.

The Passionate Kisser:
Usually most successful after a long dry spell or a drunken night for me, it's the quick, deep kisses where your pinned against a wall, hands over every aspect of any kind of flailing skin. Hottest time ever? Resulted in nakedness up the stairs and sex at the very top, until the roommie walked out and - well, that's why I live alone.

The Zone Kisser:
Hands off the neck, okay, hands on the neck followed by your mouth is almost a definite to make my back arch and me want to fall to my knees. Can be done with passion, or sweet reserve. Both pretty much guarantee a BJ if I'm in to you.

I Might Be In Love:
Doesn't involve kissing on the lips, tongue, nothing. It's that make-you-melt kiss on the shoulder after a great night out. The peck on the forehead, that point pass passion when you know someone. The friendship kiss, when you realize that it might be more than friends. You know - that kind of kiss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what did you do with your family for father's day?

Sherlon Christie said...

Those descriptions were very good!