Thursday, June 28, 2007

A little softball, a little cleaning, a grand old time.

As Wednesday nights often go, we headed out in 83 degree weather to the field for softball. When we arrived, there were no bases on the field! The game was delayed for 45 minutes while we waited for the bases to arrive. We were set to play an evenly matched team, but we completely kicked butt (partially due to the fact that the sun was so bright no one could see, but a wins a win)!

In the meantime, I realized my phone was in my car and of course, due to the delay, we were running incredibly late. The game ended at 8:30 and I opted not to go out since I needed to finish cleaning and packing for Nebraska. I looked down at my poor cell phone, abandoned on the floor of my front seat and saw that I had three new voicemails. I turned down Amy Winehouse and put it on speaker as I headed out.

Two were from Di and one was from TW. Turns out he was a little put off by not finding me there in the morning and thought I might be mad and turned the tables, I called him back to assure him that was not the case. We talked for over 30 minutes. It was delightful.

I've decided that this is his one chance to not screw it up and that I'm putting forth happy thoughts in the universe about his potential - chastise all you want, but this is a new approach for me...

In the meantime, I'm headed out with the family tomorrow at 7, yes 7 AM, to Nebraska until Monday, so the blog will be empty unless I find wireless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess he liked the way you sucked it. Don't do it for awhile and she if he keeps in touch. If you do do it, let us know every little detail. People in relationships like hearing that stuff.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Well, pretty sure the old trip to NE is going to put the kabosh on anything happening for awhile. He dropped hints that we should go out tonight, I'll try to keep things out of my mouth .....