Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Taking a step back.

Jules and I went out last night, I can't say that I'm back in that place before her nasty comment on Friday, but I can't help being there when someone needs me. I'm one of those people that will take in every stray cat or dog ... or person. She recounted her weekend in Chicago to which I nodded my head. I stayed pretty silent during our 2 hour meeting as she told me she needed to stop being a whore and get her head on straight. I nodded. "Baby steps." she said. After her chatter for about 45 straight minutes, she asked if I had heard from TW - I just shook my head "No" - afraid to say that I still hoped he called because that would mean I "bitched non-stop" about it. So I left it at that, finished my beer and headed home and straight to bed after my 12 hour work day.

On the drive home I started reflecting on the theory of the Universe that my boss lives by - put it 100% out there for the Universe, ask what you want and be clear about it, and you'll get it. Her philosophy was that I put out to the Universe that this guy was a train wreck, so it didn't want me to have him. It seemed to make sense.

So I've deleted RS so I have no capability of getting a hold of him, no matter how long it is before I have sex again and I've decided to be very clear about something for the first time in three and a half years... I want to be with someone and not just in the seeing fashion, in the real relationship sense.

No more destructive relationships.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I pray that you find a good man.