Monday, June 11, 2007

Breaking Up & Respecting Others

Maybe it's the Lutheran up bringing or maybe it's just a point of life - I've always lived by the fact that you respect others (do unto others anyone?). Even if you don't respect yourself, you put others first. Maybe this is a fault of my own; however, I refuse to give up this philosophy no matter how many times my heart hurts or I feel the need to cry.

That's why I've decided that it may be in my best interest to break up with Jules. As you've probably read in previous posts, her behavior and judgment patterns have gotten under my skin these days. She's not in a good place, she doesn't respect herself which makes her one of the biggest whores I know. I didn't have a problem with this behavior when it wasn't hurting anyone but her but she's crossing line after line. We've had discussions about her problems, the drinking, the causal sex, the drugs, the suicidal phone calls at 11:45 at night. I tell her that I love her no matter what, but she needs to stop because it's destroying herself. I mean - it's to the point now where I don't want her to meet my male friends because she will try to sleep with them and I don't want them dying of some STD.

In the last 6 weeks she's had encounters with 3 guys that I would deem "nice guys," guys that I see my personality traits in. She drags them along and destroys them, then blames it on them being "stalkers," "psychos," and "bad in bed."

On Sunday, we have our normal outings. Last week she stayed in Chicago to see her ex-boyfriend (another "nice" guy) and blew me off. This week we were supposed to go out on Sunday and instead of driving from Racine to Milwaukee, she went to Chicago. It's not that her blowing me off is what ticked me off, it's because all week I've had to listen to her say that the relationship with the ex would destroy him all over - like she did 3 years ago to the poor guy. But instead she turned around and went to break his heart.

All I could see is my pattern of relationship with these guys, but in opposite. I'm the dudes that put everything on the line for her, that are there to take care of her while she's drunk, to talk to her when she threatens to kill herself, to take her out to dinner to ensure she'll eat. I'm also the dude that stands there with hands down when she just ups and walks away.

I am not willing to have a relationship this way. That's why we need to break up.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you can't really break up with her if you haven't been "seeing" her.... in that way (you haven't, have you? :) ). You just don't want to hang with her anymore. That's cool, drama gets old after a while, and I rather imagine that you would be a little worried that she would slut all over any new guy you got and try to steal him.

Milwaukee Girl said...

I just thought it would be a fun way to put it :) Definitely NOT in a real relationship with her. As I've said in the past, I've thought about giving up on men and switching to the other team, but women are more crazy then men!!

Anonymous said...

Have you been with girls sexually?

Milwaukee Girl said...

LOL. Besides the usual 21 year old kissing, no. Like I said - they are CRAZY!

Anonymous said...

21 wasn't that long ago for you. Was it Di? Did you kiss with the tongues?

Milwaukee Girl said...

LOL - Di is going to love that one. Actually, no matter how much consumption of alcohol, I've never kissed Di. Although I should've - she's hot!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but she's got kids and a crazy coke head not yet ex-husband. That's some world class baggage.

Milwaukee Girl said...

A darling little girl yes, but when it comes to baggage - she's your class A chick that can handle it. Coke-Head is just months being shy of become a divorcee, thank goodness!

Anonymous said...

Jules is a dumb name anyhow, you should dump her for that alone. Does she know RS?

Anonymous said...

Because she might try and do the Rock Star to get back at you.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Generally speaking people that would f*ck me, won't f*ck her - thank god. They don't know each other, otherwise you could be right.

RS, while maintaining an a**hole front, still gives off the appearance of being a good guy and swears that in his 39 years I'm the only non-girlfriend he's slept with and he's never had a one-night stand.

daynad228 said...

Lucky for you Anon I am a world class lady or I may have felt a little out of sorts for your baggage remark. I do have ONE little girl and soon to be ex, who unfortunately has the social skills of my 8th grade special ed kids, but I deal. I have always tried to instill taking the high road and portray pure class...(unless of course you are in Vegas or a different time zone and can play the fake name game for the weekend...Anyone remember Dayna?Unfortunately I will have to deal with CH for the rest of my life (unless he OD's) which I would hate to explain that one to my daughter. So which is the lesser of two evils?

Anonymous said...

I was just sayin' she might have to fistfight with your husband if she is to partake of your womanly affections.

daynad228 said...

He is so sickly and scrawny that she would win hands down.