Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's a better day.

Today is a much better day compared to yesterday. While sitting at Long's waiting for E to show up for her ticket, I got the "knew-it-was-coming" phone call where she bailed. I sighed, having just ponied up the $200 I owed #1 for all the tickets that were bought. So I called AD from the bar the other night and he trotted out to meet us. Now I'm an actual fan, so this tends to be the only event where I don't pay attention to my phone - call it the summer version of Heroes, but for godsake, please leave me alone for 3 hours to enjoy the like of JJ Hardy & Ryan Braun's butts. That's all a girl wants, oh that and to yell "Fuck Mench!" when they bring him out in the end because it's a hopeless loss. I digress.

About 1/2 way through the game I realize that Jules and E have called and texted at least 1/2 a dozen times, so I listen in on the "why are you angry at me" voicemails which make me teeter on the crazy side. I convince myself to not be a spineless twit and stand up for myself, so I angle back and send a not-so-nice text to E, telling her to get off my nuts - I'm not mad, just a freaking baseball fan. On the way to the High I called Jules who was practically in tears as I declared for the 90th time that nothing was wrong, I just wanted to enjoy my day.

After too many drinks with the AD, I headed home and woke up this morning with a hell of a headache. Thank goodness for meeting after meeting to keep me pre-occupied and for Tylenol. Around noon I realize that I'm now free to sleep with whomever I please, being that the end-of-relationship STD testing came back negative and it's been over 3 weeks since I slept with RS. It's kind of a great feeling and my breasts look fabulous today, so maybe I'll have that end of the night cocktail when my day ends around 8pm....

1 comment:

daynad228 said...

Just a heads up on the hangover front. An agent in my office nows swears by this cure and I have heard this before. After an all day/night drinking binge he slammed 2 Diet Lipton Green Tea. Within half an hour he felt as good as new. I had heard the effects of green tea before but never tried it.