Friday, April 28, 2006

Random notes at midnight.

Here are my random thoughts and notes at 20 to midnight.

If you found out tomorrow morning that you would not be alive at the end of the day - would you regret the life you've had or could you say you've had a full life? I was out with a co-worker tonight and recanting some expeditions I've been on in my last twenty five years. She looked at me and said that I had lived a fuller life than she had in her late thirty years. That got me thinking about the question above.

I can tell great stories, I have worked a variety of jobs, I have felt I was in love (in hindsight, I do believe I never actually have been), I have cried over nothing and cried over everything, I have proven that I am a great person, I have changed people's lives. I think if I found out that I would not be here tomorrow, I would try new things but at the end of the day believe I have lived a good life. This is not to say that I haven't had my ups and downs (hello December - February on this blog!), it's to say that I have aspects of my life that would be envied by others. I may not own my own house or be married or have children, but I have a great family, I have raised a great cat, I have had experiences other people haven't. I have lived a full life.

On a less serious note, this morning I noticed a suspicious looking spot on my cat's nose, head and shoulders. It turns out that when I tried to dye my hair blonde last night, he rubbed up against it! It explains why my hair turned red instead of blonde, it wasn't blonde dye in the box! His white hair matched mine perfectly. While I originally freaked out (he is my baby), everything turned out fine. We'll see how permanent this stuff really is.

Also, in a random note of fifteen minutes of hilarity - I had a client meeting with a large company today. Prior to the meeting our admin needed a check deposited but needed to be a shoulder for her friend, so I agreed to do it for her. After driving and NOT finding the US Bank building on Plankinton in downtown Milwaukee, it dawned on me that the US Bank Building would have to house a US Bank. I pulled into the parking lot, walked out the door and found myself in virtual "where is the bank?" hell. The best doorman on the planet directed me that I was in the US Corps building, not the US Bank Center which was a block and a half up the road. It turns out that if I would have taken the skywalk, I would have been there already but because the rotating doors don't go in - just go out - so I needed to walk up two blocks, over one and down one because the roads were closed that would directly lead me to it. Finally, I got in and got out of the bank, got my parking validated and headed to wash and vacuum my car. In the meantime I have one thing to say to Secret - Platinum Protection my a**.

I pulled up to the vacuums to realize that it would cost me $1.00 to get the darn thing on plus $1.00 to put air in the tire. Having only 4 quarters (they don't take dollar bills, dimes, nickels or pennies), I opted to vacuum. The vacuum happily ate my quarters but opted to not give me anything in return. I decided that the dog hair could wait, I would just wash the car. Now, it's 2006 that means that almost everything runs on credit cards. Having no cash on me, I pulled up only to have to pull out - this one didn't take the cards. I had already filled my tank with gas, therefore not being able to use the credit feature on the pumps to get the wash, so I backed out to head back to the office.

Of course at this time, traffic on National was hell and I couldn't make a left. Instead I made a right, figuring I'd drive the block and end up at a stop light. Oh no, my dear readers, the stop light did not exsist and I ended up wasting fuel for nothing (at least I could have refueled to get the wash - but now I just wanted to be at my desk). I finally got onto National by making a sharp turn - only to have the roll of quarters I picked up at the bank for work go flying into the dog hair mess I call my vehicle. It took me ten minutes in the parking garage to find the quarters, apply new deodarant and head back to the office to enjoy my sub. While frustrating, the events are kind of funny.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAH! I giggled out loud with the "Secret - Platinum Protection my a**"! I hear that! Cheap crap...

Meg said...

Nice job with the kitty hair coloring. The only thing similar I experienced was Mr. Kitty rubbing up against a freshly painted wall. Grey, white and aqua latex paint all over his right side. *sigh* It was quite permanent.