Saturday, April 01, 2006

Is it an April Fools joke?

GRRR.

If you can't tell this is a post about my other job. Here's something I don't get. You charged me $300 a month for insurance. This insurance plan was crap - but the nice thing was HRA Reimbursement, they pay 1/2 your deductible, just submit your bills and they'll cut you a check.

The day I left I submitted a bill, two days later I submitted another bill. Four days later, two more. One week later, two more. Last week another three. It's been four weeks since I left coming up this week and I have yet to get a check for any of the money. I got an email saying that I'll get a check this week for $100 (out of the $400), I thought great! This helps out with the no income over the last couple of weeks.

I thought, fabulous. I'll fill my tank with gas and I'll get a new swim suit for Vegas. I even thought, whew! I'll have some cash for Vegas. But no. No check at all and it's Saturday - same city, mail comes the next day.

In the meantime I've spent $40 to work on a DVD for a former employee with out getting any money for it. I have to go buy more DVDs before I can make the other two copies the employee needs. But here's the deal - no check (for which MY $300 over the last five months has paid for) and I can't make your DVDs.

Thank god I have $18.00 in my checking account so I can put 5 gallons of gas in my car and pray they actually put the check in the mail on Monday so it arrives Tuesday. In the meantime, the upside would be that I have to quit smoking because I can't buy any!

No comments: