Friday, April 21, 2006

Gallery Night

Tonight is Gallery Night in the Third Ward in downtown Milwaukee - lots of local artisits on display and area galleries are open late. It's also my boss's celebration, so tonight is going to be crazy insane. We made 378 Jell-O shots for tonight, not to mention ordered a bunch of kegs of beer from the Milwaukee Ale House (Louie's Demise included - yum, yum!) and wine. Ah, the life of artists!

In preperation for tonight, my boss and I went shopping at a little botique on Brady. I love boutiques, I really do but I don't like the pricing. I can't imagine purchasing a shirt for more than $30; however, the woman is a friend to my boss and I found some really cute stuff. Turns out I spent $200 on three things! Ouch! There went any cash that I was anticipating spending this week. Worst of all, two items are on layaway until pay day. Stupid, I know. One of the tops is incredibly cute, and I will be sporting it this evening.

The countdown is already going on in the office, 45 minutes until the intense process of looking like I belong in a gallery. Oye veh!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boutiques are a blast! I wish we had more around Knoxville, but such is the sadness of life sometimes.

I used to shop at the thrift stores in Manhattan all the time when I was there. So much fun!