Monday, April 17, 2006

Back to reality

Vacation is over. no more being drunk at 10am and continuing until midnight. No more dingings and blinking lights. Just good old Milwaukee.

I don't have anything over adventerous to report from Vegas. I was there with my mom so no flirtations happened, just drinking and walking and gambling. But it was relaxing. It was interesting waking up with no pains in my shoulder from sleeping on my rock hard bed or feeling like I needed to return that phone call ASAP. No email checking, no online access in fact (I thought I would need to buy it at least one day - but ended up not needing too!), there was nothing I had to do any day for five days. It was great.

While I didn't hit it big, I did come back with money which made me happy since that's never happened before! Even after a drunken state left me dropping my wallet - only to have it discovered by my mom an hour later, sans the $100 cash in it (but all ID and check cards were present). At the end of the day I came back with new sunglasses, a watch and $150. Not too bad.

This weekend was hectic - I have yet to unpack and do laundry, hell I have yet to sleep a full night. There was a lot of running around to be done to prep for Easter. I had just spent a week with my mom and preceeded to spend the entire weekend with her as well, cleaning and making salads for our huge Easter dinner. My poor cat. He's been all alone for over a week.

This week isn't looking much better. Tonight, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and BOTH Saturday and Sunday are booked. I miss vacation.

No comments: