Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Hmm...

I paid $40 for a trim that I could have got at Cost Cutters for $5.00 (it was Tuesday). That irks me. I wasn't thrilled with the new hairdresser, granted - my hair was a mess from the last cut and it was an atrocious eight weeks holding out for growth - but she really didn't do anything but bob-cut it. I had two options - pixie or bob. So that's the news on the hair ...

This week isn't as free flowing as the week before vacation at work. I've sold barely anything. I've sent out 45 emails telling people about classes and I've gotten no responses. I've posted on Craig's, on myspace, on everything - and nada. I'm at my end on how to keep booking. Sales so far are $15K, I need it to be around $60K and the month is already 1/2 over.

I talked to my dear friend the other night and it makes me sad for a number of reasons. (A) I wish she was here, I miss going out - but she's a mom now and even if she was it wouldn't be like old times. (B) She's lost sight of how incredibly beautiful she is and how she deserves the world. I love her husband to death, but he's a constant battle. A 30-something year old autonomously stuck in a 19 year old's personality. I wish he'd realize how lucky he was. And finally (C) I wish I could get down to see her, spend some time. Gas hit $3.09 today and she lives about 300 miles away. While I'm doing better financially, I'm not doing so well that I can take a $150 hit on gas.

As for the old love life, there's no news there. #1 is annoying the crap out of me and I keep going back to thinking that maybe our friendship isn't a good idea. He's notoriously jealous of when I do have any potential in my life, he's very in to him self and he's just - well I guess, he's just the same old guy he always was. It might be the time of year where we all get a little restless for our summertime love.

No comments: