Tuesday, April 04, 2006

One More Thing ...

Working with a hang over sucks. I've stated that. The time is going slow and I just want to race home and see if my check is there. The mail arrives in 45 minutes. I have a meeting in two hours and 15 minutes. I will get hom in approximately three hours and 45 minutes. Tick tock, tick tock.

In my search for new business, I went blog-hopping to look for graphic artists. I've gotten paid all day to read people's blog - this is great! I've bumped into a lot of "God Blogs" - of which I have no problem reading, but there was a lot of them. Some people are cross-the-line God bloggers, a little to much bible in the text for my taste and some are very tactfully done.

There's a few sprinkles of God at Overanalyzed, but incredibly tactfully done. I like these kinds of blogs that it's about someone's life and their beliefs play into it. When I read these I think I should go to church. Then the "Next Blog" Navigation bar takes me to the line-crossers and I tap dance away.

I've also seen a lot of political blogs today, it's very interesting to read political thoughts I think. I don't come across political, but I have strong opinions - I just choose to keep them to myself. It's doubtful that I will pull you over to my side if I argue with you, so let's have a martini and move on.

Then there are the pregnancy blogs, which are endearing. There are blogs written from the baby's prespective and blog's co-written by mom and dad. There's A LOT of pictures. It makes being a parent fun-looking, though I'm not jumping on any beds and spreading my legs to become one anytime soon. There is one very endearing blog, and I could kick myself for not noting the blog address, of a dad who writes letters to his son every day. It started with the announcement, then you can read his emotions when he finds out he has special needs and then the letters continue. The best part is that the guy will give the letters to his son on his 18th birthday - in the meantime it's secret. It's fabulous.

Then there are random blogs like mine - also very fun. It's this whole little world of anonymus and semi-anonymous letters. It's amazing.

In other non-random blog reading news, I think I've drank enough liquids to even out my alchol dehydration - though the sleepiness is kicking in. Stay up to get the check!! I will got buy those cute pants if it comes, along with fake eyelashes and cat food. Oh, I do have to get a swimsuit. That money isn't going to go far. Eek.

I've made $8K in sales this month so far - it's only the 4th, but it makes me nervous because I'm gone all next week. Hopefully our specials will go out for tomorrow and I'll get some more from that. Any of you readers want to learn graphic design in Milwaukee?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOh, I'm mentioned. This is a good blog. Most of yours are. I'm a bit of a lurker, I must confess, and don't comment all that much. I think that's hypocritical of me since I love love love comments.

Anyway. Yeah. Random blogs are super. :-D