Friday, March 31, 2006

Happenings

So I've been asked to leave my new job at 2:00. This is so weird and opposite of the last job. Hey - you're over 40 get the hell out of here - AND NO WORKING FROM HOME! As opposed to - "You only worked 60 hours this week ... you need to come in this weekend AND work from home." Have I mentioned I love my job?

I'm pumped because I've landed 3K in sales today that will hopefully be booked on Monday or Tuesday. 3K! That means my April sales will be at 7K next week. I'm praying for $60K this month - that would be a beyond delightful commission check in which I would be able to pay off a student loan AND pay back my debt to my mom for living costs the last two months. Then I'll be on the right track to save and move out. I'm also still looking for that bartending job ...

I have learned several valuable lessons from my job switchero.

(1) Networking pays. Pays big. Pays big by quitting your job and having another one. Pays big by giving you a bigger paycheck. Pays big by taking your 70 hour work weeks into a wonderful 40 hours only.

(2) Sales is working for your money. I'm so sorry to all you telemarketers. But not sorry that I put my name on the no-call list.

(3) Have a savings account so that life doesn't suck when you realize it's a different pay structure.

(4) Free parking rocks.

1 comment:

DarthImmortal said...

I am so happy that things are working well for you. $60k!! WOW!! That is a lot of sales!!!