Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday, Monday, Monday

And today starts a brand new week :) I'm traveling to Madison for business this morning, how incredibly delightful! I don't think I'm driving, which makes it even better.

Monday also means I'm done dog sitting and house sitting and starts what I would like to refer to as a "normal" week. We'll see how this week goes with less networking events and more time to myself.

The one thing I hadn't planned on in the whole job-switchero was the fact that I'm out a week's worth of pay and the new jobs bi-weekly is the opposite bi-weekly than the old job. That's right, that means a whopping three weeks with no pay and me hurting with no savings account. Big lesson is you can't be a grown up if you don't have what Tyra Banks refers to as the "F-U" account. Hopefully, since the new job is more ching, this means I can actually save something.

The lack of pay also hurts my upcoming Vegas vacation. I had planned on the third paycheck this month to be all vacation; however, it turns out there isn't one and I'll be going to Vegas for a week with only about $400 on deck. Oops. At least I know this for the future and I should have a good amount for the October rendevous.

Also, another downside to the switch (which none of these are drastic) is that I don't have a gym membership anymore :( This means I have to look around for a new one within the next few months. In the meantime, my dad actually has a pretty large gym in his house and he's made nice (finally) with my mom for a bit of time and offered her to come over and use it. So, twice a week we are going to get together and put in a little routine exercise. It's amazing how I'm actually still down a bit, but feel like I look worse since things are tight - just loose and flabby. I have even considered taking up running in the morning, but lord knows I can't really pull myself out of bed that often or have the energy to jog in the cold Wisconsin mornings.

Other than that, the old Rockstar boyfriend IMed me the other day saying he wanted to go out again - I made up a boyfriend to get out of it. I also informed my mom and sister about this so they could back me up. In the meantime, it seems as word might have gotten off to #3, who IMed me on Friday to see how the new job was going. At this point, to keep up the charade, I also had to fake the boyfriend - he has a girlfriend now, so it shouldn't even matter.

I haven't heard from #1 at all and Monday's seem to be the time we usually go out. We haven't seen eachother in about three weeks and I actually kind of miss him :( I'm hoping he calls, if not just to go out for a free beer.

I was at my old restaraunt on Friday and really got ticked off. There is barely anyone there that I used to work with, meaning that I shouldn't be cast as an "Old employee" and should now be entitled to "customer" - it has been a year and a half. This being said, I was speaking to an old friend who was managing and a server came up and just said "Comp stamp." This is rude if I'm a customer, I have complete respect that the servers want to leave - but don't interrupt a customer to do so.

After that the little bro asked me to pick him up from his date, to which he also asked if I could drive his girl home. I asked him straight out if I had an option to which he said "no." This did not leave a happy me. That night led to a colmination (which I'm not even sure if that is spelt right) of (1) Intervention about my sex life/preference (2) being stood up by the pierced bartender (3) being treated rudely at a place I used to call home (4) driving all over Milwaukee to get my bro's girl home. It also turns out that the money I gave him for his date was used up entirely by her for dinner and the movie, the poor boy couldn't even eat because he had limited funds. We got Taco Bell on the way back and he realized I was cranky (also adding to being broke - since I paid for Taco Bell), so he walked the dog for me both at 11:00 at night and in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leff's is in Tosa on State. You should ditch the WAC and try Cardinal, its $20 a month.

Sincerely,
Mr Stains

Milwaukee Girl said...

Actually planning on checking that out over the next couple of weeks. Thanks dear :)