Thursday, March 09, 2006

The real world of advertising

For some reason blogger.com hasn't been loading up on my computer correctly so I've got a big post to make to fill you in.

Tuesday was an interesting day - I've not been happy at work for months to the point where I get sick, literally, before going. During another lecture session I told my boss that I was thinking of resigning on Wednesday. He then, basically, fired me under the pretention of a "resignation" letter that he wrote for me and I had two hours to clean my desk.

This is the reality of advertising in a small town. A resignation letter can not only mean your last day, but also your last moment in advertising. Now I hear what is said about me after I leave and I got a phone call from my boss urging me to do good PR with all the folks at the agency to make good. For instance, I informed a co-worker I would be back the next day to review files, but she was at lunch. I really have no want to go back - had they let me work until Friday it would have all been taken care of, but in the meantime I've gotten comfortable with the thought that I don't work there anymore.

To make Tuesday more interesting, I had a job interview and I got the job! I start on Monday and am thrilled, I hope I do incredibly well!

2 comments:

DarthImmortal said...

Good luck with the new job. I'm sure you will be great at it.

Anonymous said...

Jesus Girl, I'm sorry to hear that! Your company sucked to the pits of hell, I'm glad you're out of there. They worked you like a dog there anyhow. Not a fufu lapdog either, one of the big ones that has to sleep outside and dies by the time it's 5years old.