Tuesday, March 14, 2006

On a PC

Wow - blogger is TOTALLY different on a PC. Awesome.

My first day was great. Super fabulous awesome, great. I"m pumped. After work my new boss and I went to a networking event at a local brewery - I knew there was a good chance that a couple from my old company would be there; however, no one but the two of them really went. Turns out five of them decided to go last night. Awkward, but fine. I miss my Art Director the most. He told me to call him to get drinks.

The best thing about this new job is I get to actually use my planner - and it's packed. I'm house sitting this week for my mom, which makes trotting my little brother around as well as new job activities REALLY packed. But this fabulous new job has something called "comp" time - so every time you work over 40 you get credit towards 20 hours of take off time :) It's awesome.

When I walked in there was a dozen pink (my favorite!) roses, I get to use my own laptop which is amazing just at that so I'm not transfering files all the time, and the people are so great.

I can't wait to get started today :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are at least going to get some quid pro quo for all the extra work at the new place. Now I'll keep my fingers crossed that your new job is actually fun and interesting with people who aren't all scummy with little black hearts.

Anonymous said...

Also, you better update your profile, you aren't working in the profession you adore anymore :)

Milwaukee Girl said...

I do need to update - thanks for the heads up! Actually the majority of the people there are angels and I hope to work with them again soon - just not "with" them at that lovely place of business.

So when are we getting the dirt on who you are anonymous?

Anonymous said...

Just a guy who did a search for Single, Girl, Drunk, and Milwaukee all together at the same time and found the blog of my female alter ego. It's fun to read, I try and stop by every day I can. You should update your getting fab site though, I'm afraid your loosing your motivation! :) You are doing great and looking plenty hot these days ... well your hip and tatoo are at any rate. I'll presume the rest of you is as well.
-Dan