Saturday, March 18, 2006

Luck of the Irish?

I'm not Irish at all. Therefore, there is no "kiss me I'm Irish" shirt in my closet or drawers and also no luck on St. Patty's day. My counterpart for a partial night of drinking never called, to tell you the truth - I didn't care.

On to funnier things. I'm pretty sure my family staged an intervention for me yesterday along the lines of if I was, or was not, a lesbian since it's been nearly two years since I've had a boyfriend as the same with sex. I was prompted by a family member to give a crazy look when I was told, "Well, with the new job - there will be time for a BOY (strong emphasis) friend."

To make things slightly clear to everyone who questions this and knows me - let's recap the latest year or so with the dudes I've had "in my life"

Mr. Ad - passive aggressive, not my style. Also needs attention.
Mr. D - not sure what happened there. Got mad when I bought him a drink and we never talked since.
Mr. L - doesn't drink, smoke or have sex. Enough said.
#3 - we got close. He got far.
Guy from the karaoke bar - gay.
Guy from my christmas party - turned out to nail his ex-fiancee, then try to get some from me AND later revealed he was gay.
Rockstar - he was 30+ and in a band. Never had a real job. Dated for over a year and his mantra was "when I'm playing a gig - I'm single." Nice.
#1 - "saw eachother" for 8 months, then told me was ready for a girlfriend - it just wasn't me. Now we're just friends.
Ex-fiance - Sued me for HIS credit card debt.
Greek Guy - we call him this because he had a HONKING nose. Wanted a threesome with my roommate while we were seeing eachother. Preceeded to shower with her - I left, to buy THEM dinner. Don't know what happened - just knew I wasn't getting naked with him anymore.

That's what I can remember at this point - can anyone blame me for not having a boyfriend? Didn't think so.

I get asked WHY a lot and sometimes I explain, sometimes I try to be funny, sometimes I get up and leave. The truth is - to date me, it's probably a bit of hard work. Due to the above, I no longer will rearrange my life to be with some guy. So if you even want to get a date with me, you gotta catch me with my planner in hand and have me write it down. I also have to be attracted to you. You also have to realize that I'm busy and not throw hissy fits when I can't meet you on the drop of a hat. Please be respectul that I live (more than likely) FAR away from you (or at least WORK far away from you) and that I don't necessarily want to drive 1/2 an hour to see you, especially when I invite you to my side of town and you say no. So I don't blame those that don't want to date me either.

I've lately been thinking - maybe, just once, I'll sleep with someone to get me over the hump. Then I don't. Probably better that way. Sex is not a toy, but damn is it fun.

No comments: