Monday, May 01, 2006

Confirmation.

I have a portion of my family that lives in Minnesota - a very snotty, "we're better than you" portion of my family. My uncle is awesome, his wife and daughter are not. At family reunions the women of his family don't mingle with anyone, they make it known that they don't care for us. His daughter speaks down to us (did I mention that she's 13 and I'm 25?), she even challenged my Latin, claiming that I didn't know squat. I replied I didn't need to justify three years of Latin to a 12 year old.

Recently, we received a confirmation card from her, basically reading "send gifts." My mom fretted over sending something since when I graduated from college, I didn't even get a card from them. I had $50 in gift certificates for a website from house sitting for a friend and offered to buy her a gift from our family from there since I hadn't used them yet. We picked out a necklace and with shipping it was $40! So much for my gift being used for me! Irritated, I still processed the gift. Knowing them, she probably won't even send a thank-you.

Speaking of family, our reunion is coming up and the theme this year is "Pirates of the Cariibbean," so this weekend we went shopping. Turns out there was a beauty store on the Northside hosting a $10 wig sale. We walked in, the only two white people in the whole joint, and were helped by this awesome guy. We got some kick ass wigs (including one that was REAL hair and not synthetic) and some great ideas for our costumes.

And that was just about the weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really think a theme would be helpful at a family reunion!! you will post pictures, right?