Monday, May 22, 2006

Much Over Due ...

Fair warning this post will be long. I've been so busy I haven't been able to post so I'll cram my week happenings into this little blog.

On Wednesday I had my deposition in the morning, or what I would like to call - the worst hour and a half of my life. Turns out that lawyers don't like it when you tell them that the first thing the client said to you was that they were going to sue you - especially when they actually are. After two thousand questions about sidewalk construction, my lack of memory of last names over three years and being asked the whereabouts of employees that no longer worked there, my nerves were frazzled. Turns out the guy is suing about five people, so there were approximately 8 lawyers in the conference room - all of which felt at one point or another that a question needed objection or that I was being badgered.

Here's the deal with the depositions - it's not like the court of law where someone says "objection" and you don't answer - no, you still have to answer. This is also included with "Objection! Badering the witness!" I answered the same five questions over and over again. Could I remember verbatim what I said? No, not verbatim. I also WAY over used the phrase "to my recollection." Yipes.

So I didn't have a very productive afternoon after that - and my frazzled nerves were not up to playing softball. Thank goodness I live in Wisconsin. The beautiful morning turned into rain and HAIL. That's right, hail. They promptly cancelled our game and it was my understanding that my old job owed me a free beer - or six.

After work I sat at the bar by myself, downed a couple Berry Weises and then my boss joined me for dinner. We closed the restaurant and I can officially say that I had been WAY over served. But I wasn't done yet. We headed over to the 1850, dressed in grubby clothes and enjoyed some more alcholic beverages.

About an hour into the evening, a girl came up to me - advised me she was not a lesbian, but wanted to know if I was single. I said yes, she said her friend was interested. I was exhausted and drunk and didn't want to play the cute-girl-flirt game so I bought him a beer (hindsight - that encourages conversation) and thought that would call it the night. Turned to conversate with my friends and was informed he was standing behind me.

After awhile of conversation, we found out we attended the same school (note - this conversation has never worked well for me - so I don't know why this time was any different). Now, the first time this came about was when I was 21 and had tried to have a one night stand. The next morning we found out we went to the high school - only he graduated 10 years before me. This time was the opposite - he graduated in 2002. When he asked me when I graduated, I informed him that there was actually 9s involved in my date and left it as is.

Now, I've drank enough that everything out of my mouth is hilarious and I'm no longer speaking to be serious - just to be funny. A friend and I ducked out to the bathroom, occuppied by two other ladies and had a conversation about my encounter.

B: "What do you think of him?"
MG:"Not my type."
B: "But he's nice."
MG: "I'd give him a blow job but that's about it ..."

The older lady looked at me, I thought she might know him and I really wasn't being serious - it just sounded like something funny to say. After realizing that she probably didn't - I went back out to continue conversations with him.

About 1/2 an hour later, he grabbed two ladies walking back saying he wanted to introduce me to his boss ... that's right. His boss. Also the ladies who were in the bathroom. The ladies that heard me say I'd give him a blow job. Eeek.

It was at this time that I was sobering up and decided to head out. The girls behind me grabbed me and asked if either of the guys I was with was my boyfriend - I informed her "no." She said, "Great - my friend thinks you're hot ..."

STOP. Twice in one night? Huh? I left before I met him, it was a bit of overload for me. I went to bed.

On Thursday we had a large networking event to attend to. Also attending was the cute boy who works at one of our referrals. A night of harmless flirting ended up with a successful event toast and celebration. Where I found out he has a girlfriend who is from another country (like an ocean-seperated country) and they live together. She's a bit over zealous and he's looking forward to a female-less summer when she goes home. I thought to myself, "An 8 week in ..." That is horrible - I know it is. I was the girlfriend that had girls think about that to my boyfriend. But the thought did cross my mind - several times, including this morning.

On Friday I went home and went to bed.

On Saturday I went craft shopping with a friend from work who is getting married. We headed back to my place and promptly made about 8 different versions of invitations - it was a ton of fun. I haven't arts & crafted in awhile. Then headed over to another friend from work's house where I am dog sitting, got the tour and enjoyed a couple mojitos.

On Sunday I had breakfast with the family, did some laundry, ate dinner with the family and had a girl's night Desperate Housewives party.

That brings me back to today! Today I've been trying to do as many random acts of kidness as humanly possible - I thought it would be a great Thursday Thirteen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you for not getting into someone's relationship. I too have been on the other end of it, and it's not something I would wish on anyone... except the people who did it to me of course. ;) It shows a lot of character to resist temptation like that.

Nice going btw with the BJ comment! SMOOOOOOTH! :)

DarthImmortal said...

That whole wednesday experience would be a funny Sex in The City episode. I know I laughed my ass off. Good Post!

Rolligun said...

That's doesn't sound to bad? A girl likes a little attention, no?

Well at least its'better than spending the morning with a bunch overlly educated argurers