Saturday, May 06, 2006

Cinco de Mayo - Ouch.

Cinco de Mayo was a blast yesterday - but oh how the tequila and lack of sleep hurts one's head.

The morning started incredibly chaotic. Our two classes weren't set up in time, everything was in disarray. The stress ball came in handy. When things settled down around the 8:30 mark, I tried to pull out my stops to book leads to no avail. Noon brought around a lunch meeting that lasted until 1:00. Margaritas began at 2:30.

We went to a client's Cinco de Mayo party, tipped back some margaritas and did a little flirting with a boy that goes to the meetings I host every month. Did some more flirting with the guys from bowling. By now I regretted wearing those oh so cute heels.

After that, conned a friend into going on my "business meeting." She was convinced that business meetings don't happen at 7:00 at night on a Friday night - I was convinced otherwise. After my lovely email that morning, I wasn't even sure he'd be there. So the plan was laid into action - she'd have one cocktail, head down to Le Fuentes if he was there. Turns out the line was HUGE. 15 minutes to get in the door and an hour wait. Anyone say "yikes?" She drove, so she dropped me off to find parking. I stood in line, he showed up (just as cute as I remember), I had my file folder, looking all professional and what not. He informed me of the wait, I suggested Le Fuentes. We walked down there (friend in tote) and realized that line was even longer (it was Cinco de Mayo). We opted for across the road, Habanas, it's Cuban - that's close, at least geographically.

A couple mojitos into the conversation, we were still talking business. He was a really great guy, big heart - an honest to God boy scout (actually Eagle Scout - I jokingly asked, and it turns out he was!). He wants to do all these great things for low-income families. It's fabulous. He was fabulous. But we were still talking business.

Three mojitos and two margaritas later, he was finally drunk enough to stop talking business and kissed me - we did that for about two hours. Grabbed a ride with another friend to another bar that was closer to my car and stayed there for about 15 minutes. My feet killed, I couldn't take it anymore. Offered him a ride home and off we went.

He decided to stay at a hotel (I know, I know), pulled up there and made out like high schoolers. I decided that there was no way I was going to bone him if he was drunk, so I told him if wanted to continue this in the morning to call me (I also had to work at 8am). I drove home, my face raw from kissing (it's been WAY to long), and grabbed a couple hours of sleep.

Went to work this morning with a killer headache. Turns out that tequila really isn't my friend. After putting in the time he didn't call. I jagged around a little bit to see if he would while I was on that side of town but he didn't. I'm sure his hangover was worse. But hey - it's been 2 years and a couple of months since I've been laid still! If he does choose to call, I can't promise I'll keep that new year's resolution.

It may have taken a couple months, but sex is coming back to the tales in this blog!

No comments: