Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thirteen Reasons Why I Have a Great Mom


Thirteen Reasons Why I Have a Great Mom


In honor of Mother's Day, here's a post on why my mom is so fabulous

1. She may be in her 40s, but she could be 25.
2. We travel well together - and I never have to pay.
3. She was in a bad marriage to my dad and was strong enough to leave.
4. She was even stronger when she fell in love with my stepdad
5. To whom she is still married to and still loves more and more every day.
6. She lets me bitch, she lets me cry, she lets me laugh with her.
7. She's taught me that independence is not a bad thing.
8. And when you're so independent that you can't afford food - there's always some at her place.
9. She's vibrant and kind and loving, all at the same time.
10. The best way to express anger is to give someone a sweet nickname, like cupcake.
11. She knows life isn't easy and doesn't pretend that it will be.
12. She's shown us that you can have a professional career and a family.
13. The best reason why she's so fabulous - because she's all mine! (Well, mine and my brothers and sister)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Lauren
2. Scouser
3. Susan
4. Bar a bar a
5. TNT Chick
6. Leesa
7. Mrs. Cranky Pants
8. Joan
9. Wystful1
10.Carmen



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



9 comments:

Carmen said...

Moms are great, aren't they? My list is about my mom, too.

Wystful1 said...

great mother tribute

mt t-13 is published

Joan said...

There is no greater treasure than a loving mother - I have one of the best. enjoy your time together.

My 13 are also posted.

Leesa said...

Lovely list to your mom :)

Milwaukee Girl said...

Thanks all :)

Mrs. Cranky Pants - I only say that because I'm 25 and we hang out all the time, she's fabulous as are you I'm sure!

-tnchick- said...

A young Mom. She sounds fabulous, indeed. :)

Bar L. said...

I really like your mom!

Susan said...

GREAT post....I was in Chicago last week...my blog has many of my adventures in it. Your Mom and you sound a lot like my Mom and I were at those ages. I am now in my 40's and she is in her 60s. We were (and are) great friends though.

My TT is up.

Anonymous said...

Great tribute to your mom, thank you for visiting my T13