Thursday, May 25, 2006

For Charity & Other Happenings

Last night was a charity event for the YWCA - which included a bachelor's auction. The event was a "donation" of $25.00 which entered you into a raffle and got you a drink of choice and also allowed your name to be put on bachelor silent auction. 12 viable candidates walked around and schmoozed with the ladies, all trying to get the most money for their, ummm, "services" for one evening.

A bit in the tank - I bid on the cute guy at the door then downed a couple more beers and chatted with a couple friends. At 9:00 they started awarding Violent Femmes and Ben Folds tickets, one of our friends won two. Then the raffle and she won a spa gift certificate. The other girl that we were there with won golf tickets. A couple other people won the next random prizes and it was time to award the grand prize ... a custom tailored and designed outfit and called out the numbers. To my surprise, it was my ticket! Pumped, I gladly accepted the prize!

Then the bachelor winners were announced and it turns out my $25 bid actually won one of the guys. Some of the darling gentleman never got bid on at all. Lesson to all - silent bachelor auctions don't work.

In other happenings, I spent the night with the dogs at their house. The next day I packed them up and brought them back to my house. Hearing my voice, my happy cat wandered out to say hello. His beautiful white face was black. I grabbed him, panicked that he had gotten into my paint and tried to scrub his face to no avail. I then surveyed my supplies and saw that none of the paints or paintings had been struck. Angrily I picked him up and went next door to my sisters. I didn't even knock. She was having dinner with my dad and I strutted in and presented my once cutie pie cat to my family. I demanded to know what happened.

My dad laughed. Turned out during his kitty sitting, he was using a sharpie to which my cat was very attracted. Enjoying the smell, he rubbed his head against it - staining his fur black. My dad let this continue until he was happily stoned and permanently dyed.

That's not all of the fun animal stories. The youngest of the two dogs I'm puppy sitting for is wired at night and has been causing me to get around 3 hours of sleep. Not happy this morning, I took them on a walk - only to notice the older dog bleeding from her paw. I felt horrible. The week before, she broke her toe nail at the base, I rushed her to the vet. After saying it might be broken and other random could-be's it turns out it's just an infection - but I still feel like a horrible doggy-sitter.

On the rush to the vet I got a phone call which said this ...

"Hi this is 2002 from the other night at the bar. I met you last week, will be there this week and ... well wanted to cash in on that blow job."

Random rants in drunken stages that you think are funny and may have told his boss do not turn out to be good.

2 comments:

BZ said...

Hey - I'm dog-sitting, too! I am hangin with a lovely yellow lab named Zoey. She's like my neice. :) Been a long time. Hope you're doing well! I'm back on the blog and back in Boston. Yay me!

BZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.