Saturday, December 10, 2005

A wink or two or three ...

I'll admit that I did match.com as only kind of a joke, kind of an esteem booster, kind of just for the cute HC guy. I've for the most part ignored the winks and the emails just waiting to get the attention of Mr. HC. Finally, I gave up. I winked. He winked back. What does that say? We both won't pay for the service. Ah, searching sucks.

This time around I'm not getting as much attention as last time. Perhaps this is because I was butt honest in it. I openly admitted to what I want in a guy - what he would have to do - what I would do (minus the "I'm looking to get laid"). Hmmm. Bluntness really doesn't work all that well for me I guess.

In the meantime I did respond to one other guy - when he asked for more pictures I hesitated. Granted, more pics need to go up because they are the ones from the service a couple of years ago - but come on! I also don't like telling a guy "tell me about yourself because your profile has nothing" and hearing back "what do you want to know?" I'll tell you what I don't want to do - dig for answers. Come on!

Grrr. In other news, I got a surprise phone call while shopping for wine today - #4. I must admit I'm getting to the point where I don't really want him to go to my work holiday party. Barely more than 5 minutes of conversation has partook in the last two weeks of conversation and there's not the high of getting some or the free booze of going out. See, with the holiday party comes a lot of drinking, not to mention a hotel room.

I recently have been thinking about past conquests - and this might surprise you all from my talk on here - but I've slept with one hand's worth of guys. My last boyfriend was #5. So the new guy I'm with = new hand, which means maybe I just shouldn't waste it on anyone ...

Twisted thoughts, but how spectacular they are.

In the meantime, it's lights out. Gotta be to work (again, sigh) tomorrow bright and early which means I need to go to the gym when the rooster crows - or my cat licks my face - since I don't have a rooster.

Food for thought.

No comments: