Thursday, December 15, 2005

Boys by Numbers

When they say "when it rains it pours" and "it'll come when you're not looking" - they aren't kidding.

After being single for a year I started whipping my ass back in shape and getting back the confidence that my last relationship seemed to drain every ounce out of.

In the meantime, I've opted to start seeing some people - but not in the commitment sense, in the serial dating sense. To protect all parties (including myself), I've opted to tone the boys down to number categories to help everyone follow.

#1 - Category: Ex-"Seeing," now "Make Out Buddy." Girls are dumb and here I prove it. Two years ago we saw each other for about eight months, until one night he sat down and told me he was ready for a girlfriend - it just wasn't me. He's the only guy I've ever cried over. We hadn't talked for a couple of years, when he called a couple of months ago I wasn't sure if I should pick it up - but I did. Nothing had changed with him and we started hanging out again.

#3 - Category: Friend. To be more specific - friend of an ex-boyfriend, who should have been my boyfriend. Yikes. That says all the drama right there.

#4 - Category: Make Out Buddy? 100% opposite of what I'm attracted to - but about a 10 on the hotness scale. Nice guy, around my age. I figured my "type" of guy wasn't really working out for me - so why not try this one out if he was interested.

#5 - Category: Friend. Again, I've known him for around four years and we've always flirted. He is a dirty boy though - again, slept with a handful of my friends. We recently started hanging out again and I'm just trying to piece through the flirty bullshit right now.

So those are the main players as of late, I'm hoping to tone down the list a little bit - but in the mean time I'm dabbling into the fun of it.

No comments: