Monday, December 26, 2005

Happy Holidays no more, Happy Birthdays instead

A congratulations is in order. Successfully, I got through the weekend and the family events with little utterance of where is my significant other. Amazing. Most of the focus was on my sister and where her boyfriend was - which made me pretty happy - but her not so much since they aren't going through an easy time.

Dogsitting is done with, all the presents are opened, 1/2 the stuff put away and the pure exhaustion of the weekend at an end (tell that to the bags under my eyes). All and all it's been a great Holiday.

Now comes the yearly test of the who's who in friendships - my birthday. The one awkward item was my cousin bringing up my forgotten birthday which my mom takes offense to (I do so much for you to feel special - you're the only one that remembers, come on it's a crappy day) and decides to be upset with me the rest of the day yesterday - but different story. If you know anyone that is a christmas baby, the days between christmas and their birthday are crucial and a fine line to walk on. Tred easily. In my case, my friends know that I will be in IA over the day, so they SHOULD call tonight and ask me out for a drink. But these are my friends, who aren't the most unselfish people on the planet, so they'll be forgiven for "forgetting" until Thursday. But Thursday is the last day. :)

In a slight change of topic, cutie from HC got my picts - and hasn't emailed back. Up to plate, ball coming your way and STRIKE. Maybe i should get a haircut. No word still from the lovely ex either. Bah humbug.

On to dropping the dog at doggie day care then working out and going to the gym.

3 comments:

dave said...

Happy Birthday! I knew there was a reason I forego celebrating Christmas each year!

Dave said...

Did the dog get to open presents, too?

Milwaukee Girl said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Of course to dog got to open presents - can't skip out on the animals during the holiday season!