Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Bah-Humbug

Cutie from HC has not replied all weekend, so I doubt that he will show tonight for a beer. Just in case I've gone with the conservative meets semi-slutty look. Black pants, killer heels, a semi-low cut top and totally diva-d out curly hair. While looking hot, I'm not feeling so much that way these days.

#4 (thankfully!) has not called. I don't want to have that akward conversation anyhow with him. No hearings from the others, and my email box has resepectfully been kept empty over the last days. All attributing to my less than sexy self and my job has not helped at all this week either. Normally, I'm not cranky at work, but lately I have been. Partly because of the season is my guess, as I have yet to shop due to have only $4 in my checking account. My anniversary at work was today and not so much as a congratulations has been uttered - not that I had expected it, it just would have been nice. My formal review will not take place for another month at least, but I've already been told that no raise is in sight. I can't honestly say that all these factors give me the want to put in a 12 hour plus day.

Thursday begins a week of dog sitting, which I'm not all that thrilled about either. At some point I must grow a spine and say no. I had explained earlier that I could not do it, as I was visiting my friend for my birthday, but still got sucker punched into it anyway. How does my head stay up so high without a spine to hold it there?

In view of the season, bah-humbug! to today. It's only 8:30 and I could already go for a cigarrette and a drink, but the temperature is weighing in at single digits and the heels I'm wearing won't support my weight for very long.

So raise your glasses in a toast to a less than thrilling time of year!

No comments: