Monday, December 05, 2005

Shaved and no place to go

As a much wiser friend has informed me, never shave your legs if you want to get some - because then it won't happen. Here I am all shaved, with no place to go. (Sigh) I actually just did it because my oil change didn't happen and I had a couple hours to burn before I wound up back at work to continue on with my mentoring program. I wasn't in much of a gym mood and more into the article on why this chick left scientology. That's a whole different story for a whole different blog - as it has nothing to do with martinis, sex or me.

I was hoping to do a little karoke tonight (a great past time, I must admit) - but perhaps for the better as there's a good chance #4 might saunter in and I've decided to play hard to get. That means no phone calls! Number is deleted from the phone so now it's just resisting the urge to hit "accept" when it rings. Not that he would call. Because he won't.

I was reading an article on players and it turns out I'm not - because the first major sign that someone is happens to be that they don't pick up the phone, they wait for a couple of messages and then they may return it. I always answer.

On other terms, in case I haven't mentioned before, I have a habit of changing my hair color when I get frustrated. I ditched the bottle blonde about six weeks ago (i've had it for around about 14 years) and went to a light brown. Just four days later, I ditched that for a reddish brown, about one week later I went for a soft black. Well, just like these lovely numbers I deal with, the color has started to fade (much like my patience ...) and my frustration got to me. I went back to the black, which turned more into a dark brown - but hell, that's okay.

So here I am, it's almost 8:00 and I'm sitting at work with shaved legs and a new hair do, hoping to get home sometime tonight .... of course, with nothing to do except get pissed that #4 has not called and I didn't have a chance to hit "Reject."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I have always said...if you need a quick pick me up grab a martini and log on to match.com. There is nothing better than coming home to find you have 50 new messages from people who just tell you how fabulous they think you are and how they want to meet you. A certain friend of mine however, got caught up in the whole thing and would make dates for morning, noon and night. She got burned out nad often forgot who she was going out with when. She made my head spin but it was funny for me to watch her scurry about. It's sort of like what you are doing now sans match.com.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Well I'm sure she had fun while it was going on. I had a friend that was on match.com as well that had some issue with masturbating with beer bottles .... LOL. Those were the good old days - now she's married with a kid, but when I see her in a couple of days we'll re-live the single days!

I will do my best to avoid that behavior - by the way, I found the cutie pie from HC (the whole reason I thought, what the hell! I'll do this again!) Turns out, I'm three weeks shy of his age range. Hey baby - watch out in a couple of weeks! As a dear friend of mine always said, be Martha in the kitchen and Jenna in the bedroom. He watches sex and the city - how can a girl say no to that?!