Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Relationship 101

It may be my twisted sense of reality, or what not, but here's my definition of relationships that you'll see used through out this blog.

"Friend" - Literally, a friend. No making out, no hand holding - although spooning with them is not something I would say no to.

"Go to Guy" - A friend who I may make pretend to be my boyfriend to get myself out of a jam. Probably not making out - but something I might consider once the martinis hit.

"Make Out Buddy" - Sometimes a title used in conjunction with the Go to Guy, but generally a guy that has just come on the market, or I've dated in the past that I make out with on a pretty regular basis.

"Seeing" - No commitment, usually in conjunction while going out with other guys too. This is an iffy category, because some people use seeing as a more commitment toned word, I don't.

"Dating" - A good handful of commitment here. Usually will say "boyfriend" but not all the time.

Hope that helps!

10 comments:

Dave said...

Such subjective terms...

But so useful when you can wield them consistantly and effectively.

Milwaukee Girl said...

So true, it's sad.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Yes. Usually an erection is involved, but no acts based on that after. Perhaps that explains why it's been over a year since I've got laid? LOL

Milwaukee Girl said...

Dia - I'm so glad you like it. Please check back often, as I try to update at least once a day!

BZ said...

A year? *sigh* My heart goes out to you! Love the entries and have saved your blog on my favorites. And re: your comments on my entry - it took me 26 years to get there, but I did it. It wasn't easy, but well worth it! *sistahugs*

Milwaukee Girl said...

I'm so glad you liked it - I love your blog so I had to post!

Neo said...

MG -Nice list. I'll have to whipout my notepat. ;)

Milwaukee Girl said...

Thank you, I try my hardest. :) However, it's been so long now that I'm thinking of combining categories just so I can view a penis that isn't pink, orange or blue with random lumps or twists that doesn't vibrate. Here's to self-pleasing!

DarthImmortal said...

I think what you are failing to realize is that the friend is the one you should be with, unless the friend is a complete slack-jawed troglodyte. As you grow old the looks and sex will fade but the friendship will remain and hold everything together. You should spend your life with your best friend.

Milwaukee Girl said...

I have a lot of friends and they are all dear to me; however, moving past the friendship barrier is a hard item for me when you adore them. Sex and looks actually don't matter that much to me (you should see 1/2 the people I've been with) - but friendship means alot. When I feel that we are both in a position to move our relationship to Make-Out, Seeing and then Dating there's a good chance that we will do that. I agree, there is a decent chance we will be together but at this point in my life I'm not willing to risk friendships for what-might-bes.

All I can say, is I'm getting old - but not quite there yet and I need to explore to see if these people are the people I should be with. Until I reach that point, I won't jeporadize my friendships.

Thanks for the post :)