Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Angry MG.

I'm mostly smiles and handshakes and hugs. Very rarely does Angry MG loom her head to her friends and co-workers. Today she perked out around 5:00.

First there was yesterday - opening day. I was excited, I love baseball and I love my Brewers. There's also that point of drinking at 9am and seeing how long you can hold out with out puking and passing out. Around 9 LG showed up with PA. I was busy doing my initial hellos that they sat by themselves. After we got settled, we hung out most of the time. At one point he left as I did rounds for a phone call - moments later his waitress showed up. At MY party - the one with 70 co-workers and friends. Granted, it was open season since it was our tent, but I thought it dis-tastful and pounded some beer.

She left a bit later and we proceeded to the game, ended up kissing, then headed on the bus and then the bar. Hanging out in the back we flirted and then I turned around and she was back - with her boyfriend.

Everyone decided to hit up a local Mexican joint for guacamole and chips, I was to spread the word. I went up to his little circle, "We're going to the restaurant, wanna come?" Her boyfriend said no, but she said yes, that she would just go with LG.

By now I'm a good amount of drunk and made some calls to yell at friends about my situation but headed in all smiles. They weren't there so I sipped a margarita, ate a chip and went home to pass out.

At 10:00 my phone rang and it said "PA" so I ignored it, snuggled into my blankets under the cracking of thunder and decided to listen tomorrow. When I did get the message this morning it was LG, not PA. He'd call me tomorrow. Yup, looking forward to that.

I didn't feel so hot this morning to begin with but took a moment to smile at the Bumpkin as he ate his food on top of my fridge. Drip.

I looked up, the giant crack in my ceiling leaked - on my head. Then I noticed it was all over the kitchen floor. Plopping down towels, I headed out with nothing to say or do about it.

When E arrived this morning the first thing out of her mouth was if I made out with a client last night, turns out the girl he was with was crying and she didn't know why. I was completely insulted! (A) It's a client - NO. (B) I left about 10 minutes after we got there and (C) don't you think my concentration would be on LG? Blowing it off I went back to my work.

Work went well and when we lost internet for an hour I started to work on our specials.

I sent them out after carefully researching the different clubs and their happenings, satisfied with my content, to our co-workers. Tagged on the email is a clear description that we would not discuss changes, you would make yours and I would take them into consideration. About 20 minutes later, I was finally irritated enough by her constant "What about this change?" that her comment about me needing a handbook on how to write our terms that I snapped back "Why? It's not like anything I write actually makes it into the newsletter." She looked at me, shocked because I'm more of a yes girl than anything else, "You know I'm a stickler for grammar." I grabbed my machine and put it in it's bag, looked at her and said - "Just make your changes." As I attempted to leave she questioned more things and I got fed up so I just left - it was 5:15.

On my ride home I called #1 back and chatted quickly about my day - of course with angry undertones.

"Wow. Haven't seen Angry MG in about 3 months. It's kind of scary."

"Come on," I whined back, "she only comes out once every 3 months? That's pretty good."

We chuckled and his phone disconnected. Now it's back at home to clean up the water mess in my kitchen and do laundry. Oh joy!

No comments: