Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Tape Worm Dies after Vegas.

When I get back from vacation there's going to be some major changes. Everyone in the office has put on a good chunk of weight with the onset of winter and we've jokingly been saying we've got a tape worm that needs to be fed. I called E last night and said, "We're making a deal - the tape worm dies on Tuesday, April 24. Every Monday we weigh ourselves, loser buys lunch." It was a fine statement since we seem to switch buying lunch at least 2 a week and puts a little competition into the mix.

So that's the first change. The second change is that I'm quitting smoking. 2 years of 1/2 a pack to a full pack a day and I'm quitting (with the help of Commit), which plays into how hard the above will be. But both are changes that are a long time coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought tape worms made you thinner. They were like a midevil weight loss plan.

DarthImmortal said...

Best of luck. I hope you can kick the smoking habit - it is nasty. Weight loss will make you feel better too.