Tuesday, April 10, 2007

3 Days Before Vegas.

I left work early today due to my late night last night in the hopes of doing laundry and packing for Vegas. I started laundry only to find that my dryer isn't really drying anything. I've ran the same load three times while washing load after load, letting it pile up in the hopes that the temperature was wrong or that the timing was off to no avail. I'm actually starting to think about moving.

I moved in at the beginning of November to stories of kitchen remodeling. My kitchen is not remodeled. My ceiling leaks in the rain, my switch plates and electrical outlets don't have plates. My dryer is broken. My gas stove leaks so I can't leave it on unless I want to die during the middle of the night. I pay $650 for a one bedroom, I pay $250 for gas and electrical. I'm starting to think I'm getting ripped off.

I've informed the landlords last month with my rent that I will be on vacation for a week starting on Friday and I hoped that the kitchen would be completed. If it's not, I'm going to include a note with my rent listing out all the repairs that need to be done and letting them know that I would like a reduction on rent or notice of when it will be completed so I can decide if I want to move out.

In the meantime my suitcase is not packed and tomorrow's the last day to do it. I'm hoping to get it done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit, you have to be kidding. For $650 you can get a primo one bedroom. Not a dump like that. Did you stop at the first place that had a vacancy or what? I wouldn't even waste my time asking for repairs, I would just find a new place and leave.

Milwaukee Girl said...

I wish I was, unfortunately the places I've looked at in Bay View seemed to be right around that range... but you're right, I'm just going to get out of there!

Anonymous said...

You've got a car, right? Expand your horizons a bit. I'm telling you, you are getting your ass ripped off compared to what's available. You can get a craphole like that with utilities included for $450 anywhere. For $650 at a one room you can do much better. Some of those new South Milwaukee appartments are like little palaces for the same price. Great looking, quiet appartments with huge workout rooms, big storage space, dishwasers, the whole nine yards. Even if you want to stay in the area, look around. Just because the are all around the same price doesn't mean they are all around the same quality inside. I'm sure some of those are recently remodeled at $650. I still think you should get smart and start looking for a cheap condo to buy. Start getting some equity return on that monthly bill, and any repairs you do are to your own cash beneift on top of quality of life.

Anonymous said...

Nice time to leave though, bet it isn't snowing down there.