Monday, April 09, 2007

Time to think.

After talking with my sister over her heartbreak and then her thoughts on LG, I think I've opted out of that relationship.

I forgot the downside to relationships, the pain and heartbreak of when a person leaves. There's already been enough drama with the waitress, that if I'm going to put it all on the line - I better get it all in return.

While at the bar, LG decided to declare for himself that my family loved him - in front of two of my family members. My sister's response?

"Actually no. We like PA better than you."

"Whatever, your mom loved me."

"No she didn't. You see LG, any man - anyone - would be lucky enough to have MG in his life that he shouldn't need some 20 year old piece of ass with a boyfriend. I lack any respect for you until you show her respect."

Her boyfriend chipped in, "Damn straight. That girl is one of the best people I know. You're a fool for not seeing that. Obviously PA does."

Granted this is under the influence of alcohol but I opted to say nothing because they were right. It didn't stop me from making out with him, but at the end of the night he had to leave to make a phone call - not just any call, one away and outside of the building. In retrospective the next two days it dawned on me that (a) it was the waitress and (b) he'd go outside for her but not for me (at the tailgate, he stayed in the car).

I'm thinking they're right - anyone should be glad and I'm too good to put up with this crap. So LG's getting his walking papers for good.

3 comments:

BZ said...

You ARE too good! No more destructive relationships! No more destructive relationships!

Anonymous said...

Yes! You are to good to put up with ANY man's crap!

daynad228 said...

wasn't the "No more destructive relationship" one of the New Year's Resolutions? When are we meeting in Dubuque?