Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Let's Play Ball.

So on Saturday I got lots of primo tickets for the Brewers vs the Cubbies from our connections at work. We've pulled together a tailgate and I mistakenly offered to take LG a couple weeks ago.

His recent behavior has made me want to re-nig on this option; however, I've decided that's spiteful and I did tell him the tickets were his birthday present so I'll suck it up and still go with him.

Upon a new head count, we discovered we had 2 extra tickets. In true, stereographic fashion, I dropped him a text this morning to let him know I didn't appreciate the spectacle of the waitress on Monday.

"I've got an extra ticket to the game - since it's your 'birthday' do you want to invite anyone else to the game?"

Did you depict my little game? He didn't. He called around noon saying that he was indeed going with me and I couldn't give up his ticket. I called back.

"Your an idiot."

"Huh?"

"I have an EXTRA ticket. Do you want to bring a guest?"

"Shit. I can't read. Umm, well who would I invite?"

"I don't know - what about the waitress? It was so fun being uncomfortable around her on Monday, we could do it again. Then instead of crashing my parties, she could just hang out and watch the game."

"I was thinking PA."

"I'm just saying - it would be delightful."

Uncomfortable laughter, "I get the point."

"Talk to you later ..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, angry? Jealous? Both? Since you have two extra tickets, you should have invited both the waitress and her boyfried. With any luck, LG would have eaten a knuckle sandwitch before the game was over.