Friday, April 27, 2007

Last night I was at the pub with my students that I mentor recalling the story of Sunday and the Las Vegas guy (they're college students who we talk about this stuff with all the time. I end with "and she tells me he's married. But it doesn't matter, he hasn't called." Then speak of the devil - the phone rings.

It was him and we arranged, if weather permitted, to meet today. I'll have Pete with me, so I won't be able to go inside, but you damn well know that one of the first things I'm asking is his status.

I got home around 8, started making dinner when E called to have me come back out. Since I was going, I thought I might invite LG out. Of course I got 5 million excuses when E took the phone and told him that he should know he's really lucky to even talk to me (she was loaded). She handed back the phone and I closed it.

Everyone keeps trying to convince him to realize what's in front of his face and it came to me that there should be no convincing and I was done.

And now it's Friday. The weather outside is pitiful and rainy. I have to pick up Pete in 2 hours and he'll pounce around the office until 4:30. Maybe the sun will come out and I'll go out with LV, maybe it won't and I'll just go home to the Bumpkin with puppy-in-tow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do you always want to start off in second place with guys? The LG already had his bartender ho lined up when you came calling, and now a married guy too? You just like being the underdog I think. Only happy when it rains and all that...