Monday, July 09, 2007

Summerfest Lessons & Maybe Not Not-Single.

It was an interesting weekend. Friday I went out with TW, when we got back to his house we engaged in our usual forte of drunken sex. I came so much I passed out - that's right, in his bed. It was the first time we slept in the same bed together and it was a shocker - he's not a cuddler. In fact, anytime I tried to get near him, he'd turn his back. That through me for a loop.

We woke up around 11am and I went home to shower and get ready for Summerfest. By 2:00 R & K came over for some pre-bar, pre-Summerfest drinks. TW joined us. It was at this point I kept seeing him looking a bit longingly in K's eyes and started getting irritated. I put it behind me - after all, I'm the one he's kissing and f*cking.

We grabbed a bite to eat and when the bill came, I passed over a $20 bill. He ended up paying for the whole bill - pretending to have big-daddied all of us even though my tab was a mere $10.00. Then we grabbed a cocktail at the High and waited for the bus.

On the bus, an annoying drunk chick commented that K and TW made a cute couple - K replied, "He's actually with her." She commented that they still made a cute couple ... What the f*?

At Summerfest we met up with a couple of K's friends before trying to hook up with AD and some of his buddies, not to mention my sister and her boyfriend. Her boy whispered in my ear, "Why did you bring him? My buddy is here and I think you're perfect."

He bent down from the bench, a beautiful character at just barely 6 feet, dark hair, gorgeous eyes and introduced himself as Brian (that's right - he gets a real name), "Nice to finally meet you" as he reached his hand down to help me up on the bench. Damn it. We left shortly after and went over to the Miller stage to catch Live.

TW and I made out for awhile until the brunette next to him started talking, which he promptly turned his back to me to engage in conversation. It could have been the beer, but again - What the f*? J was there with her boyfriend, they got into a huge fight and I left TW there, alone, to hold her while she cried. I got back just before the concert started.

J's boy was infront of me, an easy 275 and 6 foot plus which beats my tiny frame at a mere 5 foot 3. I struggled to see Ed and the band. J's boy also blocked my friend Sarah - her husband politely switched spots so she could see.

At the end of the show, TW commented "Shit - should have moved to let you see, shouldn't I have?" I smiled and sipped my now, extremely warm, beer.

We waited for the bus and by this point R and TW were a good amount in the bag. They joked around as my sober self checked my phone for any messages. I texted E, "Guess I was wrong about this whole TW thing."

The bus finally arrived, TW took off to get a seat. When R got on she promptly took the spot next to him and I took the one kitty-corner, alone. I ignored TW trying to get my attention as I sat on the phone with E describing the events of the evening. "Am I self sabotaging?" She told me she didn't know.

We caught dinner and a couple more drinks and he stayed at my place. I was so angry by the end of the night but he was too drunk to drive home. He left at 8am and I struggled the whole hot day with trying to decide if this is who I want to be with.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Its done. The only basis to conclude otherwise is because you don't want to believe it. Its the classic mistake: if we want something to be true (e.g. that this is something good, that he/she is interested/right for us), we'll believe that it is. Get out now or at least set aside all expectations and just use him for fun.

Anonymous said...

Ha, that's what you get for riding the bus! Sounds like TW disrespected you big time, can't understand why your putting out for him. I mean, if he isn't even sitting with you, it doesn't just mean that he doesn't like you, it means he doesn't give a crap about you. Good thing I read your blog, it sounds like you need someone to spell this stuff out for you.