Friday, July 13, 2007

It may not be what you want to read.

On my way to Big Brothers/Big Sisters, I turned on to 41 to hear the chiming of "Candy Man" on my cell phone. I looked down and my phone politely warned me amongst the Bumpkin's white mask that it was TW.

"'Ello?'"

"Whatchyah doing?"

"Driving to the Gh-ET-to"

We had a delightful 10 minute conversation before I withdrew to inspire our youth and told him I'd chat with him later, a friend and I were going out to dinner and he was welcome to join us for after drinks, which he did.

When he arrived, there was no welcome kiss like I've been accustomed to these past few weeks. I thought that we had just established we were friends. We talked until it got too loud and walked outside. He told me he was going home, I said okay and turned my back until his hand grabbed mine - "Wait? Your not going to come over?"

"Nah."

Then he kissed me. He's such a great kisser. The kissing was different as well since I was still in my 5" heels from work. Outside the world seemed to stop as our lips touched until we agreed to go to his place for a movie.

And that's what we did. Watched a movie, cuddled just like that first week we were together. We never made out, the movie was too good. And at the end, we started making out like 8th graders.

After the night, we both went on the front porch for a smoked and, being incredibly tired, I leaned on him as he kissed my forehead. I have no idea why that is such an incredible gesture. We talked until we finished and then I went to leave he kissed me again. A couple minutes of that in the crisp summer air and I was ready to fall asleep in my bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It may not be what you want to read" - Haha, no problem here, it should make for another 6 months of frusturated blogging at the least. Just don't forget, when you see him makin' out with some other girl that I Called It, Therefore I Dominate!

Bella said...

I've been where you are, and believe me, no one can say anything to make you see what's going on. You have to just go through it and then realize things.

Here's one thing I want to point out, though. Why is he able to kiss you outside or when you guys are alone, but he can't give you a simple "hello kiss" on the cheek when he arrives inside the bar? Just something to think about.