Monday, July 16, 2007

New addiction as of late.

I get bored at work easily, so I patrol blogs a lot. I love people that update regularly and highly recommend Bella's blog (she was actually a visitor here a couple posts ago) - check her out here, and feel free to link over from "Daily Reads."

Also, after reading her post about her new running shoes - it inspired me to kick the cross trainers to the curb and go for some running shoes. I'm breaking them in as we speak and will be trying them out tonight.

The best news? They've got pink in them, LOL.

And I'm addicted to cooking. I'm actually making meatloaf for the guys at work (the vegetarian is making meatloaf - how ironic) tonight. I highly recommend this recipe - JS voted it the second best meatloaf he's ever had, which says a lot since he loves meatloaf.

INGREDIENTS
2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 small onion, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
4 ounces provolone cheese, sliced

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, and onion. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pat the meat mixture out onto a piece of waxed paper, and flatten to 1/2 inch thick. Lay slices of ham onto the flattened meat, and top with slices of cheese. Pick up the edge of the waxed paper to roll the flattened meat up into a log. Remove waxed paper, seal the ends and seam, and place the loaf into a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the loaf is no longer pink inside.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you buy your running shoes? Instep fitness on the east side is a great store for running equipment, they give you a foot analysis on a treadmill and then make recomendations based on your stride type. I like Rodiez running store too, on highway 1oo.

Anonymous said...

That meatloaf log sounds pretty damn delicious.

Milwaukee Girl said...

I tried Instep, but it was ridiculously expensive - I didn't really have $175 to spend on the recommended shoes with the correct insoles. So I went out to a place at Southridge and talked with them about what I needed and the problems with my cross trainers - it was Footlocker or something ... anyhow - she actually suggested Avia's for running with the gel pouch on the heel that absorbs pounding so you won't get shin splints. Nice huh?

Milwaukee Girl said...

If I knew who you were anonymous - I'd give you a loaf of it :)

Anonymous said...

I used to run in Avias, they had a model about 6 or 7 years back that was one of my all time favorites. I bought 5 pair of them. Now keep in mind that running shoes are only good for around 300-500 miles, after that the foam begins to permanently compress. So, if you really like those, it can be wise to buy a couple pair.

Running shoes at instep are pretty darn expensive, that's for sure. Usually I get fit for a pair and buy it there, and then go online and try and get another pair or two at a better price.

If you knew who I was, I would take you up on that offer for meatloaf in a second. I just made a pan myself last week, and it did not turn out very well at all. Some people just have the cooking touch, and those of us who don't try to mooch off them as much as possible :)

wearingthepants said...

Speaking of patrolling blogs, I stumbled across yours a couple weeks ago, but this is my first comment. Enjoy your posts!!

Bella said...

Thanks for the mention in your blog! I've been enjoying reading about your adventures, too!