Monday, July 23, 2007

Continuation of previous post. Tsk. Tsk.

It ended up being just 3 of us by the time the sun started going down and I was done playing phone tag with TW. In the end, he ended up coming to see me and we finally met up.

I saw him and I smiled. I don't know why. I missed him for some unknown reason. He hugged me - we didn't kiss for the first moment. We talked about camping and then it was a peck on the lips. We walked around Festa for a bit and when it started getting dark he wanted me to meet the family.

We headed over to the lakefront where 4 tables were over taken and they were all for him. Being that he actually has no family now that his brother died, it was actually his ex's family. They are still really close.

I was bombarded with "we've heard so much about you"s and dumbstruck. For someone who seemed to pull away over the last couple of weeks, how could he talk so much about me? It was hugs and kisses and, "TW, she's great" before joking around with his son and laughing with his ex.

We pulled away for a moment from the crowd, and his arm was around me the whole time. For the first time he looked happy - like I had just justified his decision, that he wasn't doubting our interaction. We sat there cuddled up and kissing for a few moments before wandering around a bit more before the fireworks came.

At 10:15 the sky lit up and he grabbed me. It was great. After the fireworks, we needed to leave as AD had a shoot in the morning. I said goodbye to his family and to him, he leaned over and pecked me on the lips in front of everyone. He then kissed his son goodbye only to have him shriek "Dad! You just gave me your girlfriend's germs." He smiled at me and whispered that he wanted me to come over. I told him I'd think about it.

AD shook his head and told me he wasn't going to lecture me anymore. We walked back to the car over meaningless chit chat of macaroni and long nights and first dates. Our trip ended with a peck on the cheek and I called TW to let him know I was just going to go home.

He called back almost immediately, coo-ing in the phone that he was so glad to see me. I told him I was tired and sweaty so I'd be staying home; however, if he wanted to see me tomorrow he should call. He sat quiet for a second, "Of course I'm going to call you."

This is the problem I have - right here. This is the TW I like ...

2 comments:

Bella said...

TW does seem to like to confuse the things, huh?

Here I was all set to really not like the guy and then he goes and introduces you to people he really cares about. He shows affection in front of them. He even says "of course he's going to call."

I wonder why he runs so hot and cold? Have you thought about having this discussion with him? I know that it might put him off or scare him away, but maybe it's worth the risk if it gives some peace of mind.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Anytime we try to talk, he shuts down. Talk about frustrating. Then when we were at NG's he tells him that I mistakenly met the whole family - so much for wishful thinking.