Friday, July 27, 2007

Sick.

Yuck, I've just spent two days feeling like crap. Sore throat, headache. I actually called into work yesterday. And came to the conclusion that I definitely need to get internet at home so I can be at home and still work.

So I took a chunk of advice - instead of flocking to TW every time he called I decided to play the patience card. This meant I didn't call him Wednesday (he has the kid and I don't like to trump dad/son time) and I didn't call him yesterday, even though I knew neither of us were working. He called promptly at 5:55 like he does every Thursday to chat before my big sister initiative, and I just let it ring. I was somewhat feeling like I didn't even want to call him back, but then I listened to his voicemail and bit my nails for an hour to make him wait.

And it seemed to work, I was on my way to meet a friend for a cocktail and I called him back knowing that (a) our time on the phone would be short lived and (b) that he knew I had other plans. It was a pleasant conversation in which I waivered on whether my car should or should not be parked outside of his house. "MG, park in the drive. I ask you every time." Yes, you do. Okay fine.

On my way over another friend called about her encounter with the Mack Truck - a not so pleasant one and her current job issues. I had pulled into TW's drive but she wasn't ready to get off the phone. He peeked his head out and came out with a Lite in hand.

The kid got picked up at 9:00 amongst hugs of goodbyes (mine included) the family was all smiles. As was TW.

We had a rather chill night, on the couch watching TV with NG. When NG needed to leave, I was exhausted and just drove him home. "You're going Sunday right?" NG said. "If TW wants me too - yes."

NG then gave me an earful to stop doubting TW's affection, yes - he invited me, I've met the family, he wants me there. I then told NG how shocked I was that the family knew about my existence, "See, you even doubt that he talks about you non stop." I can't lie that it didn't make me smile.

That's when I realized I was feeling something I hadn't felt in a long time - happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you think it's going to work out with TW, then go for it.